Chapter Thirteen: Maya's First Party (Part 2)

Gustav's P.o.v

"Hey! Whitney! Have you seen where Maya might've gone?!" "No! I haven't seen her! Sorry!"

Whitney walked away and I continued trying to look for Maya. I finally spotted her but she was dancing with some guy. I don't know why, but for some reason I started feeling angry. He was so close to her and I didn't like it. I went to get me another drink because I was going to need it.

Maya's P.o.v

Me and Lucas were dancing the night away. I was having fun and I had a strong buzz from 2 drinks me and Lucas shared. I felt good. One of my favorite songs came on after awhile though. Neffex's song Rumors.

"Oh my goodness Lucas! This is my song!"

I started grinding my body to the beat. After awhile Lucas started grinding with me. This was new for me because a boy had never really been this close to me and liked it. He put his hands on my hips and I just let him take control. The mix of dark lighting, grinding, and the music along with the buzz I had made me all the more comfortable with what was happening. I grabbed onto Lucas's hands and let him guide my hips. Once the song was over the next song played and I started dancing regularly again. Lucas smiled at me.

"You sure know how to make a good time!" "Thanks! This is my first real life high school party though!" "Really?! Coulda fooled me!"

I giggled and then someone got a hold of my arm. I turned to see Gus.

"Oh, hey Gus!" "Hey! Can I borrow you for a second?!" "Sure!"

I looked back at Lucas.

"I'll be right back!" "Okay!"

He walked off and me and Gus went out by the pool.

"What's wrong?" "Nothing. I just...wanted to make sure you were having fun I guess." "I am. I'm having the best time. Lucas is actually pretty cool." "That's the guy you were dancing with?" "Yeah." "How many drinks have you had?" "I shared 2 with Lucas. I feel so weird but I also feel good right now."

I started giggling out of nowhere and Gus tilted his head at me.

"What? What's wrong? Aren't you having fun?" "Yeah. Yeah. I'm having fun." "You sound like you're trying to convince yourself of that." "No. I am. I just...I'd like if we could hang out. I haven't seen you since the party started." "Sure. Wanna dance?" "I would love to. And by the way..you look really nice."

I started blushing and I took his hand. We went back into the house and started dancing with each other. To be honest, I was having way more fun with Gus. His vibes were just chill and I liked that. He grabbed my hand and spun me around and I giggled as he did so. After awhile he pulled my back into him and he came down to my ear.

"You wanna try a blunt?"

I turned back towards him and nodded my head. He tilted his head in some direction and I just followed him. Then someone grabbed my arm. Stopped me from walking. I looked back to see Lucas.

"What happened?! I thought we were having fun!"

I looked at Gus and he let go of me then just kept walking. I turned toward Lucas.

"I'm gonna hang with Gus right now! We can always hang later though!"

I tried walking away but he grabbed my arm again.

"Hey, come upstairs with me!" "Why?!" "Just come! Please!"

I sighed and he started leading me upstairs. I knew Gus was going to be so pissed at me. Once we finally found an empty room we went in and he closed the door.