Chapter Thirty-One: Party Time

Gustav's Pov

Maya and Whitney were dancing by this point. Me and the guys were smoking a blunt together. When my eyes hit Maya I just looked for awhile. She was doing air guitar to a mcr song that was playing and she just looked happy. I was happy that she was. After the song went off Maya came to sit by me while Whitney went into the kitchen.

"Tired of dancing yet?" "I don't think so. I've still got some dance in me."

I laughed a little bit and she grabbed the blunt from Bexey. She started smoking it and Bexey was looking at her.

Bexey said,"Um, excuse me, I was smoking that."

She said,"I know."

Bexey looked at me, expecting me to say something and I shrugged my shoulders. Whitney came back into the living room and she had one of the cartons of chinese food. She sat between Maya and Bexey and started eating it.

Maya said,"Which box is that?" "It's the chicken fried rice." "Share." "Fine."

She went to grab another plastic fork and when she came back with it they started eating it together.

Maya's Pov

I looked around at everyone and said,"Guys is this lame? Like..this party?"

Gus said,"I told you it wasn't. I'm having fun."

Whitney said,"There's weed, free food and chill vibes. I'm satisfied."

Bexey said,"Yeah love. I'm good."

Goth said,"Me too. I'm full but I'm good."

Tracy said,"Why do you ask?"

I said,"I don't know. Just feel like it'd be more amped if we invited people."

Whitney said,"Stop. We're having fun. I swear."

I smiled slightly and stood up. I went upstairs to my room for a second and took some deep breaths.

"The party's not lame it's cool. The party's not lame it's cool. The party's not lame it's cool."

Goth walked into the room. I sat on my bed and looked at the floor.

"Maya. We're having fun. This is fun for us. We don't need you to have a bunch of people here, okay?" "But that's the point of a party." "No it's not." "Yes it is." "Come on." "Fine. But I need more egg rolls." "There's more. I'll get you some myself." "Deal."

We both went back downstairs and he went to grab me egg rolls. I sat next to Whitney and put my head on her shoulder. When Goth came back into the living room he gave me the egg rolls and I started to eat them.

Tracy said,"So, what are we doin next?"

I said,"Let's drink and take a random walk."

Bexey said,"Have you ever drank before love?"

Whitney said,"I know I have."

Gus said,"Me too."

Goth said,"Same."

I said,"Well, not like shit faced drunk or anything. I did pretty good at Kellin's party."

Whitney said,"Ughh, fuck Kellin." "Hey, I didn't say his name to bring him up, I was saying it to say I've never been drunk before like the rest of you." "That's good then. I'm sure if you experienced it you'd regret it." "So conclusion, you guys are pussies and aren't planning on getting me drunk." "I'm never a pussy. I'll go get the liquor and we can get you shit faced tonight." "Fine. Get it then."

Whitney got up and I told her where the liquor cabinet was. I sat next to Gus and crossed my arms like a child.

He looked at me and said,"Do you know what you're doing?" "Of course not. But there's a first time for everything."

Whitney came from out of the kitchen and said,"There's no booze in there." "Dammit. My parents must've moved it before they left. Okay well, plan b?"

Goth said,"I can get you something."

Goth got on the phone and I started to second guess myself. Was I ready to get drunk? Just because everyone else had before didn't mean that I had to do this. But why not do it though? What would stop me?

Goth knocked me out of my thoughts by saying,"Alright. I got it ready. They'll be here in 20 minutes."

I grinned and looked towards Whitney.

She said,"I can't wait to see you when you have your hangover tomorrow." "Why would you wish a hangover on me?" "Because it's gonna happen and you're gonna regret ever drinking from a bottle." "Maybe that might be true. But at least I'm not chicken."

I started making chicken noises and Whitney glared playfully at me. After some time had passed Goth finally had the liquor. He opened it and grabbed me a cup. As soon as I was about to take my first sip my phone started ringing in my back pocket. I answered it and it was Kellin. I went upstairs to my room and closed the door behind me.

What do you want?

I wanna make things up to you Maya and I can't stop thinking about how you're pissed at me.

Look. I'm just trying to have fun tonight okay? If you wanna hang with Jenny hang with her because I can't control you.

Maya I'm staying in tonight. I'm not going anywhere with anyone. I just wanna make the Jenny thing up. When's the next time I can see you?

For what?

For a date. We can go to the beach or something.

Well, I can't this weekend.

Then how about next Saturday.

Fine. What are we gonna do?

Whatever you wanna do. Just text me and I'll set something up.

Fine. I'll text you when I figure something out.

Yes. Okay then. I'll text you later.

Okay. Bye Kellin.

Bye Maya.

I hung up the phone and went back downstairs. Everyone else was already having a drink.

When he seen me Gus said,"Where'd you run off to?" "Nowhere. Just taking a phone call from my parents."

Gus looked at me up and down.

"Okay then. I haven't drunk my drink yet so let's drink ours together."

I smiled and we did a cheers with our cups. We both then drank together. When I was done I scoffed at the taste of it. Gus laughed at my facial expression and I hit him in the arm. I then waited on the liquor to start affecting me.