Chapter Three: Movie Night

Maya's P.o.v

I got home. A smile on my face. Bubbly feeling in my body. Things seemed different. I closed the door with a happy sigh and my mom greeted me from the couch while she was typing away on her laptop. 

"Hey honey. How was your first day?" "It was actually okay.." "What happened? Did you make any friends?" "Actually..yeah." "Oooo. Who'd you meet?" "Well..I met this guy. His name's Gustav. He introduced me to some of his friends." "Are they all boys?" "Well yeah.." "Oh. Can't wait to meet them. I bet they're fine young men."

I rolled my eyes once I seen she was looking at her laptop screen still instead of me. I walked into the kitchen. My dad was at the table reading newspaper.

"Hey honey." "Hiya dad." "How was your day sweetheart?" "It was okay." "Well I heard you met some pretty decent guys today." 

I looked towards him and he was still looking at the newspaper. I sighed.

"Dad, do you even wanna talk to me about school?" "Yeah of course. I'm listening to you." "Dad, what's my favorite color?" "Green." "Black."

I grabbed a peach from our fruit bowl and I walked upstairs to my room. I fell on my bed after I threw my book bag aside and I sighed to myself. Then I decided I'd go for a drive.

Gustav's P.o.v

"So..what do you think about her sweetheart?" "Well..I dunno momma." "Does she seem different?"

Me and my mom were on the couch and she had her hands in my hair while my head laid peacefully in her lap.

"Yeah..maybe so." "Well it doesn't hurt to give her a chance." "Yeah.." 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket then I sat up. My mom stood up and walked into the kitchen as I pulled my phone out to check the message. 

"Sweetheart you want some spaghetti?" "Yeah." "Okay." 

I checked my phone and seen that it was Bexey. 

Gøth😎
aye, I juss ran into Maya and she wanna go to the movies. you down?

GusGus🖕
yeah sure..where are we meetin??

Gøth😎
we're actually coming to get u

GusGus🖕
in who's car?🤔

Gøth😎
babygirl got a Benzzzz😝

GusGus🖕
🤔🤔🤔

Gøth😎
Maya..Maya has a Benz😑 get with the program Gus😑

GusGus🖕
🖕🖕🖕
juss text me when y'all outside

Gøth😎
whatever🖕

I put my phone back away and I sighed then waited on my friends to come. Once I got a message that they were here, I went to kiss my mom's cheek but she stopped me before I could leave.

"Where are you going?" "I'm going to the movies with the boys." "Gus-" "It's not like that momma. We're going to see a movie. That's it."

She looked at me hesitantly then sighed.

"Fine..but you better be back before it gets too late. You have school tomorrow." "I know."