Chapter Nineteen: Kellin's Party

Maya's P.o.v

"Maya, can you please just not go?" "Gus, I'm going." "But, I don't trust him." "No, you don't trust his 'vibe'."

He smacked his lips.

"Why won't you just listen to me? I'm not saying it because I just don't like him. I'm saying it because I really don't trust him and would you please look at me while we talk to each other?"

I walked out of my closet and brought out a red dress and a black one.

"Red or black?" "I'm not helping you choose a dress." "Help me. Red or black?" "Neither." "So, t shirt and jeans?" "No. How about pajamas and you just go to bed." "No. I don't really get to do things for fun so I'm doing this." "What will it take for you not to go?" "I'm going."

Gustav's P.o.v

I groaned and fell back on her bed.

"What is your problem with this guy?"

She came out of her closet with a black skirt and black crop top on and she walked towards her vanity to start doing her make up.

"Why are you getting so dressed up?" "Because it's a party. I have to look nice." "No you don't."

I seen her roll her eyes and she came and sat next to me on the bed.

"Why won't you just come with me?" "Because...a thing came up." "What thing?" "Just..a thing. But you know I'd come if I could. I already feel iffy about you going." "Well, Whitney's coming with me." "I know but you two need to make sure you stay safe." "We will. I'm always safe."

I shook my head and smiled slightly.

"And I promise I'll call you first if anything happens. Deal?" "Deal."

We did our handshake on it and she continued getting ready. Once she was done we left her house and went to my house so she could drop me off. When we got to my house I looked her up and down and she half smiled at me.

"Gus everything's gonna be fine and we made a deal too." "I'm serious Maya. You better call me." "I will. And you better be safe with what you're doing too." "Maybe." "I'm not joking Gus."

I chuckled and she shook her head.

"I'll see you later Maya." "Okay."

I got out of her truck and went in the house. She waited until I was all the way in then pulled off.

Maya's P.o.v

"Are you sure this is the address Whitney?" "Yup. I'm sure." "Should I text Kellin and tell him we're here?" "I guess so."

I texted him and then we started walking towards the front door. When it opened Kellin was there wearing all black just like me.

"Hey guys."

He let us in and the party was already going of course. Whitney went off to go who knows where and I ended up with Kellin.

"So, you want a drink?" "Sure."

We went off to get drinks and I just followed Kellin. When we finally got to the kitchen he started making both of us a drink and I just waited patiently.

"So Kellin?" "So Maya." "Why'd you invite me to this party?" "Because I wanted to get to know you." "Well, what do you wanna know?" "Anything you want me to know."

He handed me my drink and I drank a little bit.

"We'll start easy. What's your favorite color?" "Take a wild guess." "Purple?" "Guess again." "Black?" "Yes. I know yours is clearly the same." "It is." "If I could guess one of your favorite foods I'd sayyy..bbq wings." "And?" "Fries." "Yes. And you like...anything that taste good. I can't pinpoint the exact foods." "Okay. Let's make this a little easier. Out of the 3, I'd rather eat spaghetti, eggs, or a salad." "Spaghetti." "Correct. Your turn." "Alright alright. If I were to go out with friends, I'd go to Dave N Busters, Buffalo Wild Wings, or The Black Rose." "Buffalo Wild Wings." "Correct. I guess you got that answer from my favorite food." "I guess so."

He blushed and smiled a little bit which made me smile at him slightly. I also started to wonder what made Kellin so bad in Gus's eyes. Then I started to wonder what Gus was up to.

Gustav's P.o.v

"I won't do it Gerald!" "Yes you will. I need you to carry this gun for me. I'm in enough trouble as it is and I need some help Gus." "I can't help you with this. I live with my mom. She'd be worried if she seen I had a gun." "Oh, fuck off. You're acting like a pussy." "Did you kill somebody with it?"

He stopped pacing and looked down at the floor.

"You don't need to worry about it." "I can't do this."

I started to walk away but as soon as I did I heard the gun click.

"If you don't take this gun, I'll shoot you."

I turned towards Gerald slowly and he looked dead serious. He also looked scared.

"G..put the gun down." "You either take it or I shoot you."

I sighed and he started wiping the gun off. He handed it to me and I put it in my pants. Covering it back up with my shirt.

"This is fucked up G and you know it." "Go."

I shook my head and left.

Maya's P.o.v

Me and Whitney were dancing and having the time of our lives. Kellin had disappeared but said he'd be back which is why I was dancing. I was also still worried about Gus though. After awhile I stopped dancing and went to get another drink. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and opened it. Once I was about to drink from it my phone started to ring. I took it out from the pocket of my skirt and answered it.

Hello?

Hey, it's me Gus. How's the party going?

It's going good actually. But, are you okay? You sound worried about something.

I'm fine. I just wanted to check on you. Make sure you were having fun.

Aww, thanks Gussy.

You know you don't have to thank me Maya.

Yes I do because you don't have to check on me.

I guess.

Okay, you've got until the count of 3 to tell me what's up.

Nothing's up. I swear. I called to check on you.

Mhm. Sure you did. Or something happened that you've realized you don't wanna tell me.

Maya.

Gus.

Why don't you come over my house once you come from the party.

Okay. But Kellin's coming back. I'll see you later.

Okay. See you later. And be safe.

I'm always safe.

I smirked then hung up the phone.