Confessions & Lakes

Chapter 6
Confessions and Lakes

WARNING: this chapter is sad. Maybe too sad to people.
READ ON :)

- bat? No Nat!

---

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked.

"Nothing. You have some serious mood swings. You know that right?" I looked at him and he laughed and looked back.

"I do not have mood swings. It just depends on who the person is." Yeah right depends on the person. Tell that to my arse.

"Uh huh sure" I chucked and pinched his cheeks. "It's not good to lie." I let go, he rubbed them.

"Damn you pinch hard. Remind me not get on you bad side." I laughed and cliched my stomach.

"Shut up. Hey. Hey. Hey. Do you want to swim in the lake? C'mon it'll be fun! We can walk by the pier!" He stopped at the path to the lake. I looked at him and he was dead serious.

"You must me joking? Right? It's like 12am?! You can swim I'll come but I won't swim." He agreed and smirked. He grabbed my hand and started running to the lake. I laughed how immature he acted and ran along.

I let go and yelled, "Race you to the edge of the pier!" I sprinted as fast as I could but he some how overtook me. We were near at the edge of the pier.

"Better luck next time Cas!" I stopped dead in my tracks, I stood there staring at him. He stopped and looked at me. He stood in front of me and lifted my head up to face his.

"What? Did I say something?" He asked confused.

"T-that name." I fell to the ground onto my knees. He knelt on the ground to. He grabbed both of my hands in his. I looked up at his bright hazel eyes.

"Look Casey whatever it is you can tell me. I would tell anyone or laugh at you. You can trust me."

I looked at him with promising eyes. And I told him the story of my life.

"When I was little my parents died in a car crash. My aunt took me in and looked after me. She told me stories when I was a baby. One of them was how I got my name. My parents wanted a name that mixed with either one of their names. They chose my mums, Cassandra. My aunt also told me what they used to call me. My nickname, Cas. I don't let any one call me that because it reminds me too much of them," my nose tingled. Like it always does before I cry. I held back the tears but the memories were too strong. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. Nathan wiped the tear with his finger. I looked up at him and chuckled, but that caused more tears to fall down my cheek. "Ever since I turned 5 my aunt has been coming home drunk and trashing the house and not coming home for days. I've basically lived alone all my life." I slowly stood up and Nathan helped me up.

"I won't call you that. Don't worry" He cupped my face and wiped away the tears with his thumbs. He smiled causing me to smile along. I noticed that he had faint traces of dimples.

"Don't cry. I'm a total mess when it comes to girls who cry. I don't know what to do. I just get so nervous and stuff and I just sit there thinking 'shit what do I do?'" I laughed at his words and hugged him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He held me tight and I giggled. I don't know what this is but I feel somewhat safe in his arms.

"Nathan?"

"Yes Casey?"

"Call me Cas." I looked up at him and mustered the best smile I could out on.

I wiped the remaining tears in my eyes and smiled the best I could at him.

"C'mon! The nights still young!" We ran to the pier and I stood at the edge of the pier. My toes curling over the end. I took a step back and turned to Nathan.

"After you." I reached out my hand and he smirked.

"Let's go together." He reached out his hand and I took it. "On three"

"One" I said

"Two"

"Three!" We jumped of the edge. I let go off Nathan's hand and he fell in to the water. I lost my balance, but caught it just in time.

"Hey! You tricked me! Your so mean!" He stuck out his tongue and pulled a pouty face. "It's freaking freezing in here!

"Aw don't give me that face." I sat down on the end and let my feet get wet in the water.

"Please get in." He begged

"No."

"Please! I'll do whatever you say!"

"No."

"That's not fair! I jumped in! Please. Cas for me?"

"Uh... Fine."

I got up and walked a few steps back on the pier. I ran to the edge and jumped.

The cold water filled me. I tried reaching the bottom of the lake but it was too deep. We were not too deep in the water but somebody Nathan's height or taller could reach the bottom and still breath out of the water. I swum a little bit further to the shallow waters.

"Nathan! Help! I don't know how long I can survive treading water for! The waters too cold! Nathan!" I looked around but he wasn't there. I felt a pair of hands around my waist. It dragged me to the shallower waters.

I kicked and screamed but it was no use. I turned around and saw Nathan holding me by my waist. I slapped Nathan upside of the head.

"Don't scare me like that! I thought you were a pervert who was trying to rape me!" He chuckled and I joined. I put my hands on his chest and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Um. Nathan? Where's your shirt...and pants?!" My eyes widened.

"I took them off. I'm still wearing boxers, don't worry." A wave of relief flew through me.

We stayed in that position for who knows how long. Staring at each other in silence.

He pulled me closer to him and we were leaning in. I stopped and pulled back.

"Nathan..." I trailed off lost for words. I rested my head on his.

"We should be heading back." He said.

"Yeah. My house is right next door."

We got out of our position and swam to shore. The cool breeze sent shivers down my spine. I picked up my things by his clothes. They were covered with sand. And so was I.

"Nathan? You clothes are full of sand."

"Shit."

"Don't worry I might have my dad's old clothes in my parents room I can give you it. I have no use for it any way."

"No I can't take that. It's your dad's!" He exclaimed.

"No no no. It's fine. I don't mind, I don't wear guy clothes and I don't really need them."

"Fine. Thanks."

"Welcome. I know a short cut from here. I used to come here a lot when my aunt was at home. I found a shortcut to our front door so people don't see you in your boxers." I giggles and blushed.

We headed to the short cut, my leading and to the front door. I carried his clothes.

---

Man what an interesting chapter!!
I didn't even plan this!! (This story is already planned so yeah) it just like happened. The party was planned but the Walking home, lake swimming, wasn't planned!

Do yah like it??
Tell me!!
Private message me please
Tell me what you want to happen and I'll try to make it happen ;)

Hey guys please PM me or comment if you want a POV of Nathan or Jack or Chloe. I might be able to make it happen in the next chapter or so. Also If your the first to say. You'll get a dedication and I'll use your idea

-NAT