Learning...Part 1

Chapter 13 1/2

Learning...Part 1

Hi. This chapter might fill the previous chapter... Happiness!

Thanks to my friend for writing this chapter!!!!

Nat.

---

Danny. Danny freaking Danny who broke my heart, who decided to cheat on me.

My eyes widened and I pulled the phone to my chest. I took a deep breaths and checked it again.

It was true. Danny, my ex boyfriend. Is asking me out for dinner. I checked the time, 6. I've been sitting here for twenty minutes in complete silence. Confused as hell why Danny decided to text me right now. Out of the blue.

How did he even get my number? I changed it after we broke up so I didn't get any texts or calls from him.

I heard cuss words coming from a tube. A familiar blonde headed boy came through a tube.

"Need help?" He looked like he was struggling getting onto the platform I was on. I reached out a hand for him to take and he accepted. He sat down next to me in the box and I fiddled with my fingers and stayed silent.

"You looked a little bothered. Anything wrong?" I didn't say anything. I just pulled out my phone and showed him the message.

---

He didn't say anything, just shook his head and saying 'damn'. Am I missing something here? It's jut a text.

"I'm so sorry Casey." Why was he apologising? It's should be Danny. Wishing that he never asked me to dinner. Hehe.

"Sorry? Why are you apologising? You didn't do anything?" He didn't say anything.

Then it hit me. Like a tonne of bricks. Danny was talking to Mathew when I was on the swings! Mathew must have gave Danny my number and thats how he got my number!

Mathew must have noticed my sudden realisation because from his expression. He seemed scared. And he should be.

"Mathew! Why the fudge did you give him my number? Now he not going to stop texting me and calling me!" I hit him on his arm and huffed. Why does bad stuff always happen to me?

"I'm so sorry Casey! I didn't mean to! I just thought that he'd say like hi or something. I didn't think that he'd ask you out! Please don't be mad." He looked at me but I just turned away.

"You know what happened between us two..." I wasn't mad at him. I was mad at myself. I got up and crawled out the tube into the park.

I sat down on the grass next to a big oak tree and lay down on my back. I entwined my hands together and placed them on my chest. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

My eyes prickled with tears but I didn't let them come. I hid them away by breathing slower and shutting my eyes tightly.

Why did he message me now? I finally let go of him and he decides to show his face again. Up till now I've still thought about it and it stills hurts like it did before. I thought that he was the one. That I could always trust him. Rely on him. I loved him with all my heart an that all shattered when I found out his dirty little secret. I was planning on spending then entire day with him and telling him I loved him. But instead I got the biggest heartbreak ever.

Tears wanted to come but I didn't let them. I opened my eyes and everything was blurry from my tears that never fell. I wiped them away.

"Actually I don't." I sat up and turned around. Mathew was standing there fiddling with his fingers and biting his bottom lip.