Storms and Mondays

Chapter 10

Storms and Mondays

Here's an early update. Yeahhh I wasn't planning on updating but. ALIYAH, keeps on pestering me to update. Soooo

Here ya go! Chapter 10? Yay!!

---

We finished our dinner and was just quietly sitting in the living room.

"The box!" I realised. I jumped up from my seat and grabbed a paper and pen from the table and started writing.

This date wasn't so bad. Martin was nice and polite.

Martin: he's a likeable guy. But he's just to happy. He hasn't seen the downsides of life.

Place: the place was nice, a little restaurant and the food was tasty.

Overall: it was a good date. But not perfect. Chloe. If the rest of the dates are like this then I may win the bet ;).

"Nice, so the guys name is Martin? That's a cool name." I jumped up and turned around to Nathan.

"Huh? Oh yeah, he was really nice. But he seems too happy." I folded up the paper and tucked it underneath my phone.

Crash

There was a bang from outside and the silent drops of the rain. I ran to the window and pulled up the curtains.

Lightning struck at the midnight sky. I jumped at the loud boom of the thunder. I raced to the couch and wrapped my body with my blanket.

Think happy thoughts Casey. Happy thoughts.

I felt a warm hand around my shoulder and a light chuckle.

"Is little Cas scared of thunder?" Nathan imitated a little kids voice.

"Shush. I'm not scared." There was another boom on the lighting. I jumped in my seat.

"Right. Your so not scared." Sarcasm. Nathan was teasing me about my fear. Not funny.

"Shush. So what if I'm scared? It's not bad. I bet loads of people are scared." I was right! I bet kids all over the world are scared. "I bet when you were small you were just as scared as I am!"

"Phht. No I wasn't. I'm not that much of a wimp." I rolled my eyes. "Well at least we still have power." My eyes widened at his statement.

"Shush! It might happ-" The room turned dark. I didn't hear a light switch turn off. "Great! Now look what you did." I threw my hands up in the air and sighed.

"Well it's not like I planned this to happen!"

"Yeah well you know that when an idiot says 'at least it's not raining?!' IT RAINS." I put my head in my hands and sighed. This was not how I planned this evening.

"Fine. Whatever." He signed and removed his hand from my shoulder and gave a big sign. "I'm sorry ok? I didn't mean it."

"Fine. Ok, whatever. I'm going to bed before anything happens." I got up from the sofa and made my way up the stairs.

When I reached my room another lighting stuck. Light shone from the window and lit up my room in that split second.

I raced to my bed and wrapped my self tightly with my blanket. I took long breaths and counted.

"One, two, three," I sighed. "Four, five, six, seven." I stopped there was no use. Lightening kept striking and lighting up my room. With each thunder and strike I hugged my self even more tightly. I grabbed my stuffed teddy bear on my bedside table and hugged it.