Unexpected Date #4

Chapter 15

Unexpected Date #4

---

We didn't talk through the entire walk. I would say I missed our talks. Ever since I've been on that date with Mathew, we haven't talked much. I kinda missed that.

Is that weird?

I shook it off the feeling and unlocked the door. I sat down on the couch and turned on the lights.

It was sunset now and the sky was beautiful. I remembered I had to do my assignment for French. I quickly raced up the stairs and changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a aqua marine crop top with a black tank top. I searched for my books and papers. I scanned the room for my glasses.

I found them and put them on.

"You wear glasses?"

I jumped and turned to face Nathan leaning against the door frame. "Oh yeah I do for short-distance. How long have you been standing there?"

"Too long to know you have a tattoo on your bottom right stomach." My eyes widened and I bit my bottom lip. "You little rebel." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I was drunk!" I actually wasn't but I didn't want anyone to know I was sober.

"No you weren't. I remember you saying that you've never been drunk in your life and I know you won't get a tattoo here because I doubt you'd go all the way out of town to get a tattoo whilst drunk." Damn this boy is too good.

I bit my bottom lip and tapped my foot. He stepped out of the door frame and in front of me.

"I-I" I was lost for words. I should have closed the door behind me. "You pervert. You saw me in my bra and underwear." I smirked. Now he was lost for words.

"Yeah. And you look hot." I blushed and hit his chest with my books.

"Pervert." I mumbled. He is one! He just complimented me and saw me basically half naked.

He placed his hands on my waist an I flinched and took a step back. "Uh..." This was too awkward. I had to change the topic.

I remembered the phone call and how I needed a fake boyfriend. "Hey can I ask you for a favour?"

"Yeah? What is it?"

Words were struggling to come out. I bit my bottom lip. Should I tell him about the text? I showed it to Chloe and Mathew without hesitation why is Nathan so hard?

"Remember when I told you about Danny?" He nodded yes. "Well he kinda texted me and asked me out to dinner on Friday and I said yes. And I came to a point where he asked me if I was single and I figured that if I said I wasn't then he would back off." He eyes widened and I felt shy and tense. Should I say it? Maybe I could ask Mathew. Or Daren! It's too awkward asking Nathan.

"And you want me to be your fake date," I slowly nodded still chewing on my bottom lip. "I'll do it." I smiled and dropped my books on the floor so I could hug him.

"Thanks!" He hugged me back.

"So when is the date?"

"Friday, 8:00, it's outta town so it's an hour drive. An Italian restaurant."

"Amazing (amazayn)" I smiled and let go of his embrace and picked up my fallen books and pencil case.

"Well I'm going to work on my French, I'll be back around dinner time. If not then come and get me." I walked out the room I turned back to face Nathan. "I'll be in the tree house." I left with a smile. I opened the front door and picked up my phone and headphones before I closed the door.