Chapter 11 - Concerts And Fights

Me and Felicia had just finished our song, we were laughing and hugging each other, while people cheered, she got off the stage and I looked at Jensen, we were gonna sing a song together. But I had one more song before we sang together, it was a bit sad, but it was my favorite song to sing, especially since I'm gonna start a campaign like Jared did for mental illness, but mine is about bullying and self image. 

I walked over and told the boys the song, I grabbed my guitar and put it on fixing the strap. Jensen set his down since I would lead with this song he put his thumbs up and sat down. I looked out to the crowd, many people had their phones up, probably no doubt recording this, perfect. 

"This song is a song that is a bit sad, but it's to advocate my campaign that I'm doing, I don't have a name for it just yet, but I will take some suggestions, anyways, here is the song." I start to strum the guitar. I looked up from the guitar out towards the crowd of many faces, many faces that have probably thought of self hate, and being bullied for their image. 

"Put your make-up on, get your nails done, curl your hair, run the extra mile, keep it slim so they like you, do they like you?  Get your sexy on, don't be shy guys, take it off, this is what you want, to belong, so they like you. Do you like you?"  When I sang that line, I could already see the tears welling up in peoples eyes, or their smiles dropping from a smile to a sad smile, as if they already understand the song, as if they have been through this. 

"You don't have to try so hard. you don't have to, give it all away, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try. You don't have to try, you don't have to try. Mm, mm."  I was strumming my guitar, trying not to tear up myself, because I had been bullied a lot of my child hood, for just being me, or being 'weird' or too friendly. 

"Get your shopping on, at the mall, max your credit cards, you don't have to choose, buy it all, so they like you. Do they like you? Wait a second, why, should you care, what they think of you, when you're all alone, by yourself, do you like you? Do you like you?" When I sang 'do they like you' I could've sworn I had seen many kids shake their heads no while crying, this song was perfect for my campaign it was already touching a lot of peoples heart. 

"You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to, give it all away, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to bend until you break, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up you don't have to change a single thing."  Many people had their phones up now, more recordings, more people to see the wonderful song for my campaign, so many more people can be touched, I love the supernatural family. 

"You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try You don't have to try, you don't have to try, try, try, try. You don't have to try, try, try, try. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, you don't have to try Mm, mm." I glanced back to see Jensen smiling while watching me, Misha was off to the side, a sad smile cause he was there when I would get bullied, or there when I would say I hated how I looked, I never liked my body image. 

"You don't have to try so hard, you don't have to, give it all away, you just have to get up, get up, get up, get up, you don't have to change a single thing. You don't have to try, try, try, try, you don't have to try, try, try, try. You don't have to try. You don't have to try."  When I sang 'you don't have to change a single thing' many people smiled widely, because they've probably been told all their lives to change. Or someone along the way in their life said they needed to change.