Chapter 5: The Chunin Exams Part 1

" It's time to begin." Ibiki said staring at all of us, " I am your proctor and from this moment on your worst enemy," Everyone gasped, " First, you candidates from the village hidden in the sound, knock it off! Who told you, you could fight? You wanna be failed before we've even begun," They had smirks on their faces.

" Sorry, it's our first time I guess we're a little jumpy sir." The one with bandages all around his face only leaving one for him to look out of said. Ibiki smirked.

" I'll say this once so listen up! There will be no combat between candidates, no attacking each other without permission of your proctor, and even then the use of fatal force is strictly prohibited. Anyone who even thinks of messing with me will be disqualified immediately, got it?" Ibiki said looking violent with the scars on his face. I looked for everyone else's reactions. 

" Hmph," One of the hidden sound guys smirked, " No fatal force? That's no fun." Something about these guys was creeping me out.

" Now, if we're ready we'll proceed to the first stage of the chunin exam. Hand over your paperwork. In return you'll each be given a number. This number determines where you will sit. We'll start the written test once your all seated."

" The what?" Naruto asked and I sighed. Sakura and Kabuto looked at Naruto, " Did he say written?" I looked towards the front and seen Kotetsu with and evil smirk on his face holding the papers. Damn it! Why a written test. I glared at him, " No not a written test! No way!"

Village Leaf Jonin sat all around the room watching us. They made sure none of us sat by our teammates so we couldn't help each other out. I let out a sigh seeing as I was stuck next to Gaara. I watched as I seen Hinata beside Naruto.  Ibiki tapped the chalkboard with chalk.

" Everyone, eyes front. There are a few rules you need to be aware of, and I won't answer any questions so you better pay attention the first time around. All right rule number one is this, the written part of the exam is conducted on a point reduction system. Contrary to what some of you may be used to you all begin the test with the perfect score, ten points. One point will be deducted for each answer you get wrong. So if you miss three your final score will be seven. Rule number two teams will pass or fail based on the total scores of all three members,"

" Wait, we have four on our team." I pointed out.

" Then for your team it will be all four." Kill me now Naruto won't be able to answer them. Ugh! I seen Sakura hit her head on the table.

" What? Wait a second? You're saying we all get scored as a team?" Sakura asked.

" Silence!" Ibiki's voice boomed, " I have my reasons so shut up and listen," I rolled my eyes, " Rule number three the sentinels you see positioned around the room are there to watch you carefully for any signs of cheating, and for every incident they spot they will subtract two points from the culprit's score."

" What?" Some boy by Sakura asked.

" Huh?" Sakura asked.

" Be warned, their eyes are extremely sharp, and if the catch you five times you'll be dismissed before the tests are even scored. Anyone fool enough to be caught cheating by the sentinels doesn't deserve to be here." That sentence caught my interest. Anyone fool enough to get caught? Wait that means we're supposed to cheat to find our answers, but without being noticed. They want us to be able to gather information so that must mean there are a couple of people in this group of genin that are actually jonin or chunin. He is so easy to predict.

" I've got my eye on you guys." Kotetsu said.

" Creeper much." I scoffed, but stayed looking down and a couple of people snickered.