Chapter 20: Prison Break!

When we reached the village I went back to training with Tsunade in the mornings and Pervy Sage in the afternoons. There was a knock at the door as I was about to get ready to do more training with Tsunade. Sakura walked in and shut the door.

" I'm here to make a request m'lady." Sakura said.

" What is it?" Tsunade asked finishing up some paperwork.

" I would like to be your apprentice." Sakura said and my eyes widened and Tsunade stopped writing. She thought for a minute and then smiled.

" Sakura Haruno, I'm told that you have a fine mind and that your will is strong. Very well." Tsunade said and I seen Sakura smile. " But be warned, I won't go easy on you. You can ask Ayame over here." Sakura looked at me.

" Tsunade lost a bet so now she has to teach me Medical Ninjutsu." I said. " And she's not joking, she won't go easy."

" Understood!" Sakura exclaimed. I sensed Jiraiya outside the window and I smiled.

* Time skip * 

Tsunade had Sakura work on healing a fish like she had me start on. She told me to wait for a couple of days before we started back on mine. Pervy Sage told me to not show up for our training sessions for a little while so now I am going to be training with Tsunade from the day time to night. When we got back to my regular training it got a lot harder. I left early today to go see Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari off. Seeing as how Shikamaru and me are the only two who made it to Chunin we had to do a lot of stuff. I jumped down in front of them.

" Hey, sorry I'm late." I said standing up from my crouched position. " I was kind of training." I rubbed the back of my head sheepishly. 

" Actually you made it right as we were about to leave." Temari said.

" Well, thank you guys. Be careful heading back." I said and my eyes locked with Gaara's. I looked away.

" Okay, well we'll see you later." Kankuro said looking at me and then winked. I shook my head and smiled.

" Come find me when you need to be rescued again, you big cry baby." Temari teased.

" You girls are all alike. You just had to get the last word in." Shikamaru said with a lazy smile on his face and I elbowed him in the stomach. " Ouch!" Temari let out a laugh and I smiled at her. They took off.

" What was that for?" Shikamaru questioned.

" All girls are alike? Next time it'll be worse then that." I said crossing my arms and looking away with a pout. 

" Come on, don't be like that." He whined and a small grin formed on my face. 

" Fine, anyways I'm gonna go." I said just as Konohamaru spoke up.

" Are you two dating?" He asked. 

" Ummm... no." Shikamaru said. I giggled and took off. 

I was at Tsunade's door and was about to go in when I heard them talk about a prison. Naruto joined me in listening. Afterwards I followed Asuma and Kurenai. When I got there right after Kurenai and Asuma did I seen a lot of people broke out. I grabbed a kunai and had it at the ready.

" What the hell is going on?" I questioned looking around.

" Ayame, get out of here!" Asuma yelled at me.

" No way!" I yelled at him and the prisoners charged before he could argue. I seen two fat guys attacking too. One of them tried punching Kurenai and I stopped his punch, but it made a crater in the ground around us.