Two

I've noticed I am more inspired to write when people like what I am producing, so you guys commenting, sharing and voting on this story will ensure a faster, better quality update. Enjoy :)

It had been a week since Toni Topaz was hired as the maintenance woman of Blossom Industries, and it was only an inconvenience for me when I was forced to see how good of an employee this woman was. I walked in the day after I hired her and caught her fixing the loose screws in my desk, after having installed curtains around the length of my transparent office walls and fixing the squeaky door that always stopped me from closing it, so to keep my employees from the distraction of hearing the obnoxious noise.

Just yesterday, I was able to use the elevator nearest my office for the first time in over a year because she had spent the morning repairing it. Before going home around six, an hour later than everyone else, she has asked if I needed anything else from her before her departure every single day since the day she started.

It all just added sexuaal fuel to the tense fire I had ignited between us because God knows that ambition and professionalism are two of the sexiest characteristics I find in people, and she had those, as well as the beautiful smile, strong arms, stable career and kind eyes. If I found out she could cook, I might have just abandon all my professional integrity and propose to her.

"Good morning, boss." Grinned Toni for the eighth day in a row, right on time at seven in the morning, an hour and a half earlier than anyone else arrives. She had a black bandana tied around her head, a little knot showing at the front of it. One of the straps to her overalls hung off her shoulder, a black tank top beneath the denim. Her look was finished with a choker and a pair of black and white Vans shoes. Not bad. "Do have a list of things for me to do, or should I just go straight to Kevin once he gets here?" Toni asked, her beautifully bright smile burning a hole into my chest.

"There's a loose bolt on one of the stalls in the nineteenth floor bathroom. If you could fix that before he gets here, you'll have time to finish the things on his list." I suggested, not looking up from the spreadsheets on my desk, unwilling to completely melt under her lovely gaze as I had at the tips of her fingers just a week before.

"Is there anything else? I could accomplish that in the time it would take you to finish." she explained, and her second sentence made my eyes widen.

"Excuse me?" I exhaled in surprise.

"Your yogurt?" she finished, eyeing the small, half eaten container sitting patiently on my desk, having been forgotten as I became invested in the issue in front of me.

"Oh, yes." I exhaled in relief before clearing my throat. "Well, just look around, I'm sure you'll find something. Though, not in here. You've done enough jobs in my office." I commended, and she shrugged.

"It was my pleasure." she quipped, causing me to finally look up at her in bewilderment.

"Right..." I deadpanned, squinting at myself for being so overly sensitive.

"Though to be fair, I did so for completely selfish reasons." she added, and it made me think of how selfish I was that day, leaving her with nothing like she gave me.

"And why is that?" I cleared my throat again.

"...Permission to speak freely?" She requested, and I nodded.

"Granted."

"There's no way for you to have privacy with a broken door and an office made of glass." she said fairly. There wasn't really a way to misinterpret that. Maybe it was okay. "And the desk, it's hard to imagine explaining how your desk broke when an employee comes in and catches you lying atop a pile of wood that once was your desk." She explained, and my eyebrow rose to my hairline in confusion.