Eighteen

Some things are gonna take a turn in these last seven chapters. Remember, I like when you comment and vote, and share. Comment ANYTHING referring to the story. You wanna send me death threats? Go ahead! You might want to in these next few chapters . Enjoy ;)

The next thing I remember is waking up, painstaken and assaulted by a bright light. I had to blink repeatedly to get used to the light, my arms to heavy to lift to my face so I could shield myself from the brightness. I looked around, my neck stiff and uncomfortable while I processed the fact that I was in a hospital room. I looked around for the nurse's button, and reached up slowly for it, pushing it with all my might.

"She's awake, doctor," I heard called from beyond the doors of the room I was in, followed by the sound of the door opening. I looked to the door to see somebody

"Good afternoon, Miz Blossom, my name is Doctor Weatherby." Introduced a man in a white coat with a bald head and glasses.

"I didn't think it'd get that bad." I muttered, my voice scratchy and hard to speak with.

"What?" He asked, a brow risen.

"The smoke. I've been asleep all day?" I asked, and he smiled sadly, shaking his head.

"It's been a month, Cheryl." He explained, and my eyes tried to widen, but my head was pounding too hard for my eyes to will themselves open that far. "You've been in a coma since the fire last month, Cheryl." He divulged, "It's January twelfth."

...

"Oh, thank God!" Shouted the familiar voice of my mother, waking me up from my rest, something I had obviously done a lot of the last month. She crashed through the door, along with Polly. "Baby!" She sobbed, rushing over to hug me harshly.

It's been a week since I've woken up from my coma, but I didn't want them to tell my family until I was able to leave the hospital, just so I didn't have all of those weird visits where they all talked about how much they missed me while I was lying pathetically in the hospital bed. I was all ready to be discharged, they just wanted me to have someone come pick me up, so of course, I called my mom.

Toni visited every day since I had woken up, but the doctors turned her away every time, making up an excuse every time. I didn't want her to see me the way I was, all broken and sick.

Despite the fact that she had seen me like that, likely every day for a month.

"She's ready to go home when you are." Smile the nurse kindly to my sister, who seemed happier than ever.

"We're so happy you're okay, honey." Exhaled Alice, a big smile on her face, and I smiled, turning to get up out of the hospital bed, already sporting some street clothes that I had called Kevin to get for me.

Even when he wasn't my assistant anymore, I could still trust him.

Man, I needed to make him my best friend.

"Where's Mason?" I asked, and Polly smiled kindly.

"In the car with Kyle." She said simply, reaching a hand out to be helped out of the bed. Luckily, I was given enough painkillers to get rid of the aching of being in the same position for a month, and the doctor prescribed me to go to physical therapy for a month, just so I can properly regain my motor skills.

"I want to go see my son." I said simply, and the two women seemed to understand, being mothers themselves. It was five minutes before we were out, and I was being pushed out to the parking lot in a wheelchair, until we got to Polly's car. I got in the back seat, ready to see my son. I looked at my boy, revelling in his eyes as he looked up at me, a big smile on his face.