Twenty Three

Thank y'all so much for your support and love! The next chapter is the last of this book. You have done so much for me, and mycareer, and I appreciate y'all so much for helping me learn and grow as a writer. Now, I know you may be sad about this ending, but I've already begun writing a new story called Dead Eye! Go check it out after this! I love you all very much! Enjoy ;)

"Nick St. Claire." Hissed Toni from in front of me, her eyes narrowing at the man through the glass of the visiting sanctuary. I couldn't see him from behind her until she walked up closer to him.

Then I saw him.

It's been two weeks since he was brought in, and his face was still very swollen. He had a smug smirk on his busted lip, and I rose a brow as Toni and I sat down. I picked up the phone to talk with him on the other side of the glass, and listened as he spoke almost immediately.

"It's nice to see you again, Cheryl." He said smugly, and I rose a brow.

"That's how you greet me?" I asked, and he scoffed.

"Did you want me to tell you what I really feel right now? Because I think it would give you nightmares."

"It can't be worse than anything you've already done." I assured, and he chuckled.

"At least I made sure you were asleep when I threw the lighter inside. I could've burnt you alive. Then you wouldn't be dreaming at all."

"I know Serpents in there too, St. Claire." Toni warned. "Don't think I won't pull a few strings." She threatened, and he chuckled.

"What could be worse than dying?" He asked, and Toni rose a brow.

"Not dying." She blinked. "I'm sure it's much more pleasant to feel the sweet release of death than it is to have every inch of your skin scratched off of you, starting at your scrotum." She rose a brow, and I felt myself turn to her with a look of disgust on my face. She didn't even look at me before scooting closer to the table separating us from the glass that contained him. "I don't think you should test me." She winked at him, and I watched his throat tighten in fear.

"What are you two even doing here? Did you come to revel in your victory?" He asked pitifully, and I hummed.

"I was actually coming to get a quote from you for the lawsuit." I smiled pridefully, and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not going on trial. I accept the consequences for my actions." He assured, and I rose a brow.

"Why is that?"

"Anything is better than the public ridicule that comes with attempting the life of America's most loved entrepreneur." He divulged, and I rose a brow.

"What are you talking about?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Chuckled Nick, "I'm ruined now, because you and your company are untouchable. You have all the liberals completely wrapped around your perfectly manicured finger." He chuckled. "You're the poster couple for a healthy relationship in the media, and just your existence has raised millions of dollars for youth centers all over the world."

"Why the hell would you know that?" Toni asked.

"In the month that I was hiding, I checked social media all over the place, and even politicians started to donate money, in honor of you, since media mudslingers are coining me as a homophobic bigot, all because you're now known as the lesbian media titan who cares about women, and people of color. I'm completely ruined, so if I get a chance at using a real knife, I know for a fact that I'll be using it to slit my own wrist. I can't compete with you, Cheryl 'Bombshell!'" He chuckled bitterly, "You've officially won. In case those prison dogs get to me before I see you next," He sighed, standing up and getting ready to hang walk away, "I can't wait to see you in hell." He chuckled one last time before hanging up the phone and walking away.