Twenty Two

"Cheryl Blossom was spotted last night at the Bijou with girlfriend, Toni Topaz for her birthday ball, proudly sporting her battle scars, just a half an hour after her attacker, Nick St Clair was dropped off at Mercy Hospital, mangled almost beyond recognition. An article was published with a time stamp of seven thirty-four, exactly four minutes before the man was even found. The article corresponded with everything that happened at the hospital, according to eyewitnesses and doctors. How was our assailant able to predict exactly what St. Clair would do upon arriving at the hospital-"

Ethel's voice cut off of the broadcast when I noticed Toni had turned off the laptop that was sitting on her counter as I cut vegetables for our soup.

"You did that too, I assume?" I giggled, and Toni shrugged from her place where she stood, sauteing the onions and garlic.

"Watching him for three weeks, you learn how to predict his actions." She assured with a shrug. "I uh..." She chuckled, "I suggested he tell them what he did, because if not, he'd see prison as a better alternative to the kind of prison I'd trap him in." She tossed a carrot in her mouth and chomped down on it when a knock was heard at the door.

"I'll get it." I hummed, leaning over her shoulder to kiss her cheek before pulling her silk robe over my chest to open the door. "Josie?" I asked with a raised brow, and the woman grinned brightly, looking around her shoulder at her wife, who rolled her eyes.

"Hey, Cher. We just came by to see if everything was okay after last night. We were calling and texting all night and you didn't answer, so we stopped by here to see if you were with Toni."

"We had a bet going, I didn't think you'd be here." Veronica grunted, and I rose a brow.

"Don't you guys share all your money now that you're married?" I asked, and Josie smirked.

"For me, winning the bet means she gets to top tonight." She said suavely, and I felt myself blush.

"See, we're friends, but we don't talk about these things." I established as I closed the door to finish helping Toni chop the vegetable.

"We should start," Josie insisted as she and her wife sat at the breakfast bar to watch us prepare dinner. "I could teach you a few things." She winked.

"I don't think you can, Josie, she's surpassed you in every aspect." Toni assured, and I rose a brow when Josie scoffed.

"C'mon, you can't say that the thing I did-"

"Cheryl does it better." She interrupted, and Josie looked down in defeat.

"I'm confused." I voiced.

"We used to mess around, back before Veronica and I got together." Toni admitted. "It's all behind us now, we're grown adults, and she's happily married.

"I just think it's funny that the three of us all know what each other's pussy tastes like." Josie said crassly, causing me to cringe in prudishness.

"Do you have to talk like that, dude?" Toni asked, and Josie shrugged.

"It's the way everyone talks about sex, everyone knows that."

"That could very well just be the way you talk about sex, babe." Veronica chimed, laying her hand over Josie's.

"It is." Toni laughed. "Cheryl and I don't talk about it. Not usually."

"And when we do, it's either shy or mostly insinuation." I added.

"Wait, so you manage to have great sex, and you don't even have to talk about it? How does that work?" She asked in confusion, and Toni and I made eye contact for a moment, looking for an answer in each other.