Chapter 25- The Last Goodbye

Katie Mitchell *POV*

     I was preparing to leave for the mall when I heard a knock at the door. Could it be Shawn? No, not this early.

     I answered the door only to stare into the eyes of Cameron. "I'm sorry, but you're not welcome here right now," I began closing the door. He kept it from closing.

     "If not now, when will I be? If you don't hear me out, you know you'll never forgive me."

     I sighed knowing he was right. "You have five minutes," I said opening the door further.

     "First, you can't blame me for the kiss. Try as you might, you can't. How long are you going to keep this up? You can't forget the chemistry between us. We'd been dating for two months. Two months, Katie. I can't lay aside my feelings.

     "I know you care about Shawn. You always will. He can break your heart a thousand times if he'd like, and you'd always forgive him, but slamming the door on me, Katie... I love you. I always have and always will. I can see in your eyes that you don't feel the same, but I had to say goodbye." Without warning, he reached for me kissing me, tenderly, one last time.

     But our kiss was interrupted by the slam of my front door and the sound of Shawn's voice.