Sad Reality

I look over at Gold and Jen and sigh.She loves him.I wish I could get over my crush on her.But it was just overwhelming.I clutch my Link hat,staring down at it.

"Ben?" Jen asks,resting a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine," I stutter. "J-Just overwhelmed."

She kisses my cheek. "Ben,maybe someday," she whispers.She walks back to Gold and they laugh and have a good time.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we were the ones who were together.But then I thought it would be crazy.She has Gold now.

"Ben,stay away from her," Gold growls.I look up at him. "Stay away from Jen."

"And why should I?" I ask.

"Because she's my girlfriend," he says. "Don't come near her."

"Fine,whatever," I mumble,looking down at the clouds beneath my feet.He walks away and I let tears drop.I get up and fly down from the clouds.I wander the empty streets,staring at the houses.

I walk to the only place I have comfort.The graves.I knelt down at Jeff's grave and stare at it.It had a single red tulip.I rest a hand on the top and walked backwards.I turned around and saw Jane standing there.I stepped aside and she walked past,as if she didn't notice me.

"Jeff,I wish you were here for your baby," she whispers. "I'm going to take good care of him though,okay?I promise you.He's going to make you proud." She begins to cry.She rests her head on the gravestone,crying badly. "I love you Jeff," she breaths. "I love you."

I rested a hand on her back and she looked up at me. "It's okay Jane," I whisper.

"Thank you Ben," she whispers back. "Thanks."

I hug her and she hugs back.When we let go,she smiles sadly at me.I take her hands and smile.She nods and I let go,flying back to Heaven.It was a sad reality.