Grief

I clung to her gravestone,wishing it was all a dream.But she was gone.I could never get her back.I pulled away and stared at the words engraved in it. 'Jennifer Woods,the love of Lost Silver's life. 1996 - 2014'.

I stared at Gold's gravestone.It had the wrong name engraved in it but we all knew who it was. 'Lost Silver,found by Jennifer Woods. 1995 - 2014'.

I placed a white rose in front of each of their graves and stepped back.Jeff put an arm around me and I hid my face in his chest.

"Don't cry," he whispered. "We promised her we wouldn't cry."

An invisible hand rested on my shoulder. "It's alright mom," Jen muttered. "I'm always in your heart."

Ben was planned to be buried next to Jen.His grave was suppose to say 'Ben Drowned,The Prankster,1996 - 2014'.I buried the bottom of one of his old hats in his grave so the top poked out.

SlenderMan sighed,head hanging low.Silvia gripped Sally's hand as Sally sobbed,clutching Teddy tightly.She walked up to Jen's grave and placed a single daisy in front of it.The first flower Jen received when she was born.Silvia hugged Sally tightly,holding back tears.

Liu patted my back lightly. "I'm sorry for your loss," he murmured,wiping away a tear.We were about to leave when Sally ran up to Jen's grave,clinging to it and crying her eyes out.

"JEN,COME BACK PLEAASE," she wailed. "PLLEEEEAASSEE."

Silvia pulled her away,now crying a little. "Jen's not coming back Sally," she whispered. "None of them are." She kissed her hand and touched Gold's grave. "I'll miss you."

We climbed into the car.I sighed as Jeff started the car and we drove off. "Jane,it's okay," he whispered,resting a hand on my thigh.I took his hand in mine and he didn't object.

"We did this to her," I mutter. "We drove her insane."

He nods,eyes still on the road. The car went into silence as I listened to Liu's stifled sobs.

"I wish she could still be alive," he murmurs,staring out the window.It began to pour rain.

We got home and walked inside.Liu went directly to his room and I sat on the couch,staring at the floorboards.

"Jane,it's alright," Jeff says to me.I nod nonchalantly. "Maybe we just weren't ready to raise a daughter of our own."

"Don't say that Jeff!" I yell,crying. "We did a damn good job until you freaked out over her dating Ben!"

"I'm sorry I was worried about my daughter!" he screams back.

"You are just so full of shit Jeff!" I scream. "She killed herself because you called her insane!You weren't sorry!You wanted her to end up like me!!Broken inside until she wanted to die!"

"What?" he asks.

"I.Wanted.To.Die," I say bluntly.Tears roll down his cheeks as he pulls me in for a hug.I cry,hugging him tightly.I sob until I can't produce anymore tears.

This was all too emotional.