chapter eleven

That night you dream about your mom and dad. You can't remember your dream in the morning; you just remember seeing your parents dancing together. You wake up to a knock on your door. Bucky stands in the doorway.
"When you're ready, you can eat breakfast, and then we'll go," He says. You then realize that what little he had in this hotel room is all packed up and in a backpack on his back.
"M'kay," You respond sluggishly. You're clearly not a morning person. You run the sleep from your eyes and climb out of bed and close the door so you can change back into the clothes you wore yesterday. When you're changed, you look in the mirror in the bathroom to check your hair; stray hairs are sticking out all over the place. You use your fingers to comb your hair down as much as you can. When you're done, you walk out of the bathroom and see a box that says "Dunkin Doughnuts" on the kitchen counter. You open it and take one of the four doughnuts that are in the box. The one you chose is chocolate with a chocolate glaze. You see Bucky sitting on the couch and eating a plain doughnut. You sit next to him and finish your breakfast in silence.

You and Bucky walk back to the lobby where he gives some money to the lady at the front desk. A taxi pulls up in front of you. You go in first and slide to the other over so he can get in. When he gets in, he tells the driver that we're going to the airport. You ride to the airport in silence. You realized yesterday that Bucky doesn't talk very much.

When you get to the airport, you try not to notice how different things are so you don't get overwhelmed and freak out in public. You walk behind him and focus on his back. He walks to the middle of the airport and stops.
"Here," He says, handing you some money. "You can't wear the same outfit from the fifties." He points to a shop that says "Old Navy" and walks over to a table with little black screens. You watch him as he taps the shoulder of someone standing at the table and asks them to help him with one of the electronic things on the table.
You walk into Old Navy and look at the women's clothing. You try on about a few different outfits, but decide to buy a gray sweatshirt,  a pair of dark green sweatpants, a pair of gray shoes, and a black backpack. You bring your purchases to the lady at the front.
"Fifty-three dollars twenty-eight cents," She says. You give her three of the five twenty dollar bills that Bucky gave you, and she gives you the clothes in a plastic bag and your change.
"Thank you," You say and bring your clothes to the changing room and break the tags off. After you change into the gray sweatshirt and green sweatpants, you put your change into your pocket and move the clothes from the plastic bag to your new backpack. When you're done, you find Bucky sitting on a bench.
"Here," He says, handing you a small black box. "We might need to communicate sometime. I set you up put my number on it."
"Thanks," You say. You open it and try to figure out how it works.

>>>

The picture at the top is the outfit you bought for the plane ride:)