chapter twenty

Bucky and the man with claws start attacking each other a several yards away from you. The man who, you suddenly realize, looks like a cat swings his clawed fingers at Bucky's face. When you finally reach them, you attach your shield to your back and lunge at the cat man. He throws you away from himself, sinking his claws into your back and, pulling his hand back to Bucky, leaves four bloody streaks on your back. You cry out of pain before you thud onto the cement. You stand painfully and cringe. Bucky sees what happened, and a combination of anger and worry cover his face. He wrestles with the other guy for a few more seconds before Captain America leaps onto the rooftop. Suddenly, a helicopter hovers over the rooftop and shoots. Bullets bounce off the Cat Guy's suit. A man with wings suddenly kicks the tail of the helicopter, knocking them off balance. The distraction helps Bucky get away from Cat Guy. He quickly grabs his backpack and your wrist and begins running. He releases you so he doesn't cause you to fall down to your probable death when he jumps down the building, floor by floor. You follow as the Cat Guy follows him, leaving claw marks down the side of the apartment building.

Bucky begins down the street with you close behind and the Cat Man at your heels. Suddenly, to make things worse, the helicopter shows up and shoots bullets at Bucky. He jumps down into an underground road for cover. He dodges cars with a look of determination on his face. The Cat Guy jumps down followed by Captain America. You are now being followed by police cars, which is inconvenient.

As you're running, you try not to think of your father who is alive and not far behind you. That would slow you down. Instead, you concentrate on Bucky and the Cat Guy who is trying to steal everything you have from you.

"Stand down!" A European man commands over a speaker in the police vehicle. You hear many more sirens joining the chase before you see more police cars speeding toward you and Bucky. You both simultaneously sprint to the left, getting out of the way of the vehicles. A man on a motorcycle drives near Bucky. He grabs the handles and shoves the other guy off. Turning the bike around, he jumps up and straddles the motorcycle. He pauses just long enough to let you on the back before speeding forward to stay away from your many pursuers. You look back to see a police car with Steve Rogers at the wheel and the Cat Guy clinging to the back. The Cat Guy suddenly jumps toward Bucky who, in turn, grabs his neck. A choking noise escapes the man who is being choked. The Cat Guy flips the bike on its side, sending himself flying off the back. You and Bucky push your vibranium objects on the road to lift yourself back upright. You hadn't realized the man/bird's presence until the Cat Guy grabs onto the man/bird's legs, dragging him down. Bucky throws a small bomb, which you didn't know he had, up to the top of the exit of the tunnel, prohibiting almost anybody to leave through that exit. Anybody except the Cat Guy who flies through the rubble and pierces the back tire of the motorcycle. You roll of the back and feel the wounds from the Cat Guy's claws. They started to heal already, but they must have been reopened by that impact.

You are laying a few yards away from Bucky, who is seconds away from being shred into pieces by Cat Man's claws. Just then, Captain America swoops in to save the day. He lunges at the Cat Guy, knocking him off Bucky. A fight is about to break out when everyone pauses. Tons of vehicles with flashing lights surround the four of you, the helicopter hovers over the tunnel opening, and a man in a metal costume lands a yard away. As he loads the guns in his suit's hands, he speaks.
"Stand down. Now," he commands. You stand between Bucky and Captain America as he attaches his shield to his back.
"Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal," the metal man sneers before men with guns run to the four of you to place handcuffs on your wrists.