Eight

I'm very busy with school and all especially since I'm in 8th grade so I have all high school credit classes meaning I have alot more work. Which is good meaning next year I won't have as much. Meaning I can start working next year. Anyways I post FRIDAY'S, SATURDAY'S, AND SUNDAY'S SOMETIMES!!!
It's not to be mean.  But please don't pressure me I have a life outside of Wattpad. And I have a ton of work to do. If I don't respond to your comment or message just understand I'll get to it.
I'm deeply sorry for not posting as much. This will be the only chapter I'm posting until the end of next week. I'm so so so sorry about everything. Until next time- Zoey!! ❤

Enjoy!!

Word count: 663

Kenzie's P.O.V

I walked out of class nervous.

John wants me to go with him to lunch then he'll drop me off at home to drop the news on my mom.

I see John in his car. He's probably checking on it. Sometimes the car would act up.

I go behind him in cover his eyes.

"Hi" I whispered in his ears.

I see him start to get goosebumps and I smirked. I'm glad I have this effect on him.

"Huh yeah you're the only one." He said making me realize I said that out loud.

"Lunch?" I asked him.

"Lunch." He accepted.

We drove around the car until we got to one of the best restaurants here.

It's a small restaurant. The owner's name is Helen. She's an amazing elderly woman.

She's has white hair. Let me add is very long making it beautiful. She looks young to be a grandmother in her 50's.

"Aww yes my favorite couple!" Helen cheered once she saw us enter the restaurant.

John and I chuckled.

"Hey Helen." We greeted her.

"How's my handsome boy treating ya darl?" She asked me once we sat down.

"Perfectly." I responded blushing.

"Wonderful. Congrats on the apartment darl" She congratulated me.

"You know?" I asked shocked.

"Of course darl. John came to me for advice. He wanted to make it perfect. Saying you deserve the world." She winked at me making John blush.

"Alright alright. Can we get our usual?" John asked.

"Alright it'll be ready in-"

John cut her off. "- 15 minutes. We know Helen."

She went off to get our meals when John interlocked out hands.

"You're so mean to her." I joked as I looked his shoulder.

I just laid there. With my head on his shoulder while he played with my hair.

I love that about him. He'd never use his phone when we're together. Neither would I. When we're together we honestly cherish our moments.

Helen came back 15 minutes and handed our lunch.

"Thanks Helen" John said as he reached in to his wallet to give her the money when she stopped him.

"Nope. It's on the house today." She said making me look at her eyes-wided.

"What? No! We have to pay." I told her.

"Nah you guys are my favorite customers. And you 2 beauties are moving in together. You honestly should keep every penny you have towards it. Consider this my gift to you." She said making me get up and embrace her in a tight hug.

"Thank you." I choked out.

"Aww darl of course. I count you two as my children. " She rubbed my back gently.

We know that's a touchy subject for her. Her daughter barely visits. He has always talked bad about her. That's what we heard.

"You're a mother to me. More than my own." I told her truthfully.

I saw John to the side of me look with pain in his eyes.

He always hates seeing me cry.

We finished our meals and made our way to his car.

20 minutes later...

In front if my house...

My mom's there...

And I'm scared...

"You ready?" John asked from the drivers side.