Twenty-Seven

Johnny's P.O.V

Hearing Kenzie finally admit and realize that she was- is- worth it. Gosh that made my day. It made me so elated.

She finally realized something I knew since forever. She is worth it. So so worth it.

My babygirl has always and will always be my number one priority. I will always make sure she's okay. Always. I will always be there to protect her. Always.

"Come with me," I put my hand our for her to follow.

"Where are we going?" She asks as she puts on her shoes.

"You'll see, love. It's a special place." I replied, as I lock the door and send mom a quick message.

Hey, I'm leaving with Kenz for a bit. We'll be back in a while. Don't wait up, love you.

I slid my phone back into my pockets and opened the car door for her.

She smiled and got in, giggling. 

"So, is this place far?" She asks as she looks outside fascinated. 

"Not that far, we should get there in about 10 minutes," I replied intertwining our hands. 

"Hey, John," She gathers my attention. 

"Yeah, love?" I quickly look at her then back at the road. 

"I love you, you know that, right? You're an incredible man, Johnny. Thank you for always believing in me and making me see that I am worth it. You brought everything good out of me. I didn't believe myself in the worst moments of my life. I almost gave up in myself because I wanted to end my life. I wanted to end myself. I was so tired of hating myself and everything just piled up and I guess I was in a really dark place. Which wasn't good for me. Or for you, because I know it affected our relationship. So, I'm really sorry for that. I guess all I needed was seeing and believing my self worth. Knowing I'm worth it gave me the push to happiness. To being better. To want to be better for our relationship, for you." She then looked at me with tears glistening in her eyes threatening to spill.

"Thank you, baby," She sobbed.

"I love you so much. You truly are y hero." She kissed my hand which she was holding.

"You're so so special to me, always remember that, okay?" She caressed my hand and smiled, wiping her tears away.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We finally made it to my special place.

"Wait, a restaurant?" She asks.

"Not necessarily, you'll see once we go inside. Come on," I lead her through the back door.

"Hey, Micah," I nod at him.

He smiles, "Dude, it's been a while. How you been, man?" He asks as we do our bro hug.

"Yeah, man. We good. How about you? How's Janelle?" I point back at him.

"Oh, dang, man. We great, honestly. I love her, man. I'm thinking about proposing."

"Yeah, well call us when you do. This is Mackenzie. We've been dating for a while now. She's the love of my life." I smile looking at her.

She whips her head to my side and smiles.

"Hey, Mackenzie. How you been?"

"Good, and you?" She nods.

I know she was feeling awkward.

"Hey, man, you got the key?"

"Do I? Man, I ain't give it to anyone since you left. Here," He hands me the keys and gives me another hug before leaving.

"He seems nice." Kenzie commented.

"He really is. He's like an older brother to me," I opened the door and flipped the lights on.

"Wow, this is beautiful." Kenzie looks around astonished and amazed.

"Yeah? I made it. With some help from Micah when I was younger." I informed her.

"Yeah? Wow, this is so pretty. I could see why you'd make this your safe place." She wraps her arms around my neck and gives me a quick peck.

The room wasn't big. It was a smaller  storage room than usual. I had decorated it and had a desk built by Micah off to the side with a couple of journals on top if it. I had the 2 big pillows that looked like a chair. One in dark blue, the other in black. I had some fairy lights going across the room. And a small fridge near the desk.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I used to come here all the time, whenever I felt so alone and hopeless. And I usually would just write everything down. That trash can has been through hell with me. I would throw the papers I hated in it and then I'd kick the trash can." She laughed.

"Why was that?" She asked.

"I dont know, I just felt like I was better than what I wrote. You know?"

"I do. Well I'd love to hear more stories and maybe get to read some of your stuff."

I smiled.

"I'd like that too."

"Here," I pulled out a chair and fluffed it up to make it comfortable for her.

"Make yourself at home, honey." I squat down and kissed her lips.

"Mhmm, I've already been feeling at home," She smiled pulling the other chair next to her.

She patted it. "Come here, baby,"

And so I did. And I told her all my stories and every time I came in here and the reason as to why. Because I trusted her with my life.

Hey, loves! So I'm out of school until April 15th due to the Coronavirus. Please stay at home, wash your hands and stay safe, my loves. I love you all dearly and hope you enjoy this chapter! More chapters to come in this long break. Take care! Enjoy!

Love, Zoey ❤