Epilogue

Mackenzie's P.O.V 

I woke up this morning happier than ever. It's almost time. Johnny came rushing in his face all worried. 

"Bro, chill," I look at him. 

"Bro?!" He recoiled in amusement and horror. 

"We're married and you call me bro?!" 

I look at him with amusement. "Yeah, obviously," I flipped my hair over my shoulder and winked at him. 

He sighed, "I love you, I do. But I question you a lot sometimes." 

"It's okay. So, wanna get my bag ready? I'm due like tonight," He smiled as he shook his head. "Yeah, yeah. I got it."

"I'll call Momma Mer and have her meet us there," After Johnny proposed we had time to think it through. So between getting ready for our wedding with all the plans and deciding to move to Canada we barely had time to do anything else. So, now we've been living comfortably in Canada for the past 2 years and just a couple of minutes away from my new family-John's family- they have invited me to their family and now no matter what they're considered my family, the ones I'll go to for always. And, I think I deserve this at least. I mean when you invite your mom to your wedding and she sends the invitation back to you and doesn't show up, you tend to realize blood doesn't equal family. 

"Hi, Momma Mer," I called out after she answered the phone. 

"Hi, sweetheart, everything okay?" 

"Yep, I'm due tonight if you guys want to meet us there, I think you should honestly. John might pass out, he's already pacing  around the house looking pale." She laughed through the phone, I followed. John glared at the phone and me. 

"We'll be there, don't worry. I'm not sure if Lauren will be able to come since William is taking her out tonight." 

"That's fine," I replied and ended the phone call. 

Lauren and I did have a rocky start. She hated me, she hated my existence, but she's matured. It did take her a while to like me but when she did we were inseparable. We've become a lot closer over the past year and a half. She became like my sister. 

Maddie and I as well have gotten closer. She came to my wedding and from then on we've kept contact. Since Maddie's out on a business trip this week, she won't be able to come until possibly 2 to 4 weeks from now; depending on how the business trip goes.

I look down at my growing belly and smile as I caress it. I never thought I'd be comfortable in my own skin, let alone be comfortable with how big my body has gotten due to the baby growing inside of me. I'll be pushing a whole baby out of my body, from this belly. This belly that I used to hate, this belly that I used to hit and sob about, it's crazy how happiness and confidence can change you. I'll forever be thankful with my own skin. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I screamed out in pain as I pushed and squeezed Johnny's hand. 

"It's okay, beautiful. You're doing great. Just a little more," I look at Johnny through the sweat and tears as I continue screaming and pushing the baby out of me. He caresses my head and moves the pieces of hair that is currently covering my eye.