No Exit- Part 3

After Dean found that clump of hair, he was the one to decide that this search was to be halted since it was getting pretty late. You were getting tired yourself and agreed to take the rest of the night off. Sam and Dean being the perfect gentlemen they are, offered the bed to you and Jo. You weren't going to complain and took it.

There were two couches and even though Sam and Dean were tall as fuck, they would have to deal with the tiny couches for how they were behaving. Sam didn't do anything wrong but if Dean would get punished, then so was his brother. It wasn't fair but it seemed fair at the time.

It was now the morning and Dean was still sleeping on the couch, curled into an uncomfortable sleep position and immediately you felt bad. He was only doing what he thought was right by protecting you and Jo. You saw where he was coming from but Jo was her own person.

Yes, you were worried about her but she could make her own decisions. At 21-years-old, you were already deciding between which monster you'll take, which type of gun you'll have, what kind of wounds were worth stitching up, and what kind of alcohol would get you through the night.

Hunting wasn't a walk in the park, that's for sure. You were just glad that Jo had both Winchesters and you with her to defeat this monster. When you were new at hunting, hunting by yourself was a real eye opener. It made you see that hunting alone sucked. You had no source of backup and that is what hunting is all about. You needed people to have your back.

"So, what happened to your mom?" Jo asked suddenly, twirling her knife with more blueprints on the table.

"I already told you, a demon got to her." You said, looking down.

"I know that but how? I'm sorry if I'm being nosy." She said, shaking her head.

"No, it's okay. The more I talk about it, the better it becomes. I came home one day and I found a man trying to kill her. I ran, I hid, until he found me. I fell down the stairs and he slit my mother's throat right in front of me." Your eyes became glossy as you remembered your tragic past.

"How old were you?" She asked in a whisper.

"8. I became a hunter right after that." You said with a sigh, looking down.

"I'm sorry. All I know is that my dad died on a hunt when I was 10 years old. I don't know how he died but I wasn't the same when he left." Jo said, looking down.

"I'm sorry. It sucks that we get into this life without a say in it. If I could somehow have affected any of this, I would have chosen a different life for me... For Sam... For Dean. He doesn't deserve any of this. I think one of the reasons he lashed out at you because he's scared. I remember being on my first hunt. I was terrified and I thought I was going to die but Dean helped me through it.

"Even though he helped me, I knew he was scared. There are no rooms for mistakes when hunting and I think with you being so young and inexperienced, he got worried. He may not know you or your mom but he can't lose another person in his life." You finished with a sigh. Sirens were heard in the distance and that is what woke Dean up.

"Morning, princess." Jo said, putting this conversation with you on hold.

"Where's Sam?" Dean said, opening his eyes and looking around the room.

"Went to get coffee." You answered for her. Dean slowly got up, grimacing and groaning at his sore muscles.

"Ugh. My back. How'd you sleep on that big soft bed?" Dean asked, looking at you and Jo.

"We didn't. This case has me up all night." She said. Dean looked at her, his eyes zeroing in on the knife in her hand. He got up and took his bag, placing it on the table. He took out a Bowie knife, handing it to her with the blade facing him.