Crossroad Blues- Part 3

You walked up the steps to Evan's house and you stopped Sam and Dean before they could knock.

"Hey, ease him into this. He's freaked enough as it is. Okay?" Dean nodded and he knocked on the door and immediately, the door opened to reveal Evan.

"Yes?"

"Evan Hudson? You ever been to a bar called Lloyd's? Maybe about ten years ago?" Before Dean could get the last word out, Evan's eyes widened in freight and slammed the door, locking it.

"Come on, we're not demons!" Dean said a little louder.

"Great, was that easing him into it?" You asked, sighing deeply. Dean shook his head and raised his foot, kicking in the door. Damn, he has got some strong legs. The door busted open and you walked in first so that you could find a terrified Evan. You found the back room that Evan must have gone into and looked at Sam and Dean.

You raised your hand to stop them and grasped the doorknob, turning it as you pushed the door open gently. You turned back around and walked into the room. It was dead quiet but you didn't see an exit so he must be in here somewhere.

"Evan?" You called out.

"Please, don't hurt me!" Evan said, jumping out from behind a bookcase. You jumped at the suddenness but braced yourself.

"Evan, we're not going to hurt you. We're here to help you." You said, looking at Sam and Dean for help.

"We know all about the genius deal you made." Dean said.

"What? How?" Evan asked, still scared.

"Doesn't matter. All that matters, is that we're going to stop it." Sam said.

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"You don't, but you're kind of running low on options there, buddy-boy." Dean said, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"Can you stop it?" Evan asked, pacing the room.

"I don't know but we'll try." Sam said honestly.

"I don't want to die." Evan complained.

"Of course, you don't, not now." Dean said, walking closer to Evan.

"Dean, stop." Sam said quietly. You frowned and looked at Dean who didn't seem to care what was going on.

"What did you ask for, Evan? Never need Viagra? Bowl a perfect game? What?" Deana sked, patronizing the poor man.

"My wife." He said sadly.

"Right. Getting the girl. Well, that's worth a trip to hell for." Dean said, laughing humorlessly.

"Dean, stop it." You intervened, putting a hand on his chest. You looked at Evan with sympathy.

"You asked for your wife? As in you didn't meet her until the deal was made or that you wanted to save her because she was dying?" Evan nodded and you knew it was the second option.

"You did it to save her?" Dean asked, not fully understanding.

"She had cancer and they stopped the treatments. They were moving her into hospice and they kept saying she had a matter of days left. So, I made the deal and I would do it again. I would die for her, I love her." He said, worried as hell.

"Did you ever think about her in all this?" Dean asked, taking the stance of the alpha again.

"I did this for her." Evan said softly.

"You sure about that?" Dean asked, moving past you to advance on him. "I think you did it for yourself so you wouldn't have to live without her. But guess what? She's going to have to live without you now. But what if she knew how much it cost? What if she knew it cost your soul? How do you think she'd feel?"