Chapter 1

lmao if you can see the pic up top 😭😭 that's my first cover for this book from back in 2017 PLS

Megan's POV

"And Hamilton Height's Prom King for 2018 is James Fairfield!" yelled our principal. She was more enthusiastic than average on this night. She was never like this. But what the Hell - my boyfriend was just elected prom king?

Oh dear God let it be me...

"And Prom Queen for 2018 is..." she started. "Megan Stone!"

I physically shook as I heard my name on the intercom. I took long strides towards the steps as the students cheered around me. "Bitch you're the fucking QUEEN!" My best friend Elena yelled from my side. There was no doubt in my mind the four shooters she inhaled before entering the dance still lingered in her veins.

Mrs. Jones put the crown on my head gently. "Oh, thank you guys so much! This is really a dream..." I babbled on and on about how thankful I was that I didn't even hear the scream. Nor did anyone else.

"As Prom Queen, I think it's appropriate to say we should dance our butts off!" I yelled, cautious not to curse given there was a principal directly next to me.

The students screamed and then music began playing. I grabbed James's hand and ran down the stairs where we started dancing like animals.

My two best friends, Rachel and Elena, were twerking on each other. I laughed. Rachel started grinding up against her boyfriend, Blake.

"Let's go get punch!" Rachel yelled. I nodded my head and the two of us walked our ways to the punch table. Thankfully, it was in a different room so the music wasn't as loud and there weren't as many students.

"I'm so happy for you, Meg. I can't believe you're the Queen!" She exclaimed. I poured myself a cup of punch.

"Yeah, I mean I've wanted to be labeled prom queen since I was a little girl."

"I remember when you would dress up in your little dresses and put crowns on your head and dance with your stuffed animals. So cute!" She laughed.

"Yeah, that was so long ago." I laughed as the memories flooded my brain. I had no idea why I was getting emotional.

"This is amazing, damn." Rachel sipped the punch. I took a drink as well and smiled at the delicious taste.

"Shit, it really is..." I was amazed at how one person could make a drink taste so magnificent... so I ended up drink four cups of punch.

"Woah, slow down there, Meg. You're gonna hurt yourself." I laughed and sat the cup down. I'd have a huge stomach ache later on...

"Let's go back and dance!" I exclaimed as I moved my arms around like a crazy person. Well, a crazy dancing person.

"As you wish, Prom Queen," Rachel said, bowing. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand, walking out of the quiet room. I headed my way for the loud, music, dancing-teenagers room. I would create many memories from that night.

We ran into the room and jumped into the packed room. I felt like I was in a can of sardines.

"Meg! Dance with me!" Elena yelled as she pulled me over to the floor in front of the DJ.

"Repeat," Elena said. I had no idea what the hell that meant, but then my favorite song turned on.

"Woo!!" I screamed as I flung my arms up in the air and waved them side to side.

I was having a pretty nice night. But what I had yet to realize, was that all good things must come to an end.

*

"Is your mom here yet? I can't wait around forever, you know. I have a thousand word term paper due tomorrow and I don't have that even close to done." Rachel begged as I checked my phone once more.

0 new messages.

"Its okay... Rachel... You can go. She'll get here eventually; I'm sure of it."

"Okay. Have a nice night, Prom Queen. Get your beauty sleep!" She yelled enthusiastically as she walked off to her mom's van.

"Oh, come on mom, get here already!" I whispered to myself. I checked my phone one last time. Nothing.

I heard a strange noise come from the distance, and turned around. Past the school was a large, dark, scary forest. I didn't want to see what was there. I'd read enough scary books and seen enough scary movies to know that you should never follow strange noises when you hear them. Because that's when the murderer will come out and get you. The strange noise is kind of like bait.

"Please, mom!" I begged to myself. It was actually quite loud, but no one else was here. The parking lot was completely empty. Even the teachers left.

I exhaled once and shut my eyelids. For a couple seconds I dreamt that I could go back a couple hours to when my friends and I were dancing out asses off, having one hell of a time.

I heard footsteps coming from behind me, but when I turned around, nothing was there. Nobody was in sight. It was like those scary movies.

I started running; my pace was slow, at first, but when I heard the footsteps coming closer and closer to me, I ran faster.

I tripped a couple times because of the length of my dress. I heard a small scream come from afar, and then silence.

I stopped on the sidewalk, and gasped for air. I was tired and I just wanted my mom to come pick me up. How was that such a hard job?

I pulled out my phone from my purse and smiled when it read 1 available message.

Mom: I'm coming to pick you up. Be there in a few.

I sighed a sigh of relief and laughed hysterically. Maybe the tiredness of dancing all night had made me hear things. Perhaps I was going insane.

I waited a couple of minutes and watched some YouTube on my phone. It was quiet then; no footsteps, no screams, or anything. Just silence. And I preferred it that way.

It was nice until a blind fold was thrown across my eyes and duct tape was placed amongst my mouth.

Shit.

--------------------
First chapter thoughts, anyone?

It was boring, yes, but now the interesting stuff begins ;)

I hope to hear from y'all soon! Love you

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT

xx
CloudiLynn