Dad!Steve

Steve using modern slangs to fit in.
part two !

Steve Rogers, your husband, sat on the couch with you as your daughter walked through the front door. "Hey ma, Hey pa." She greeted and went straight to her room without an actual warm greeting she would make when she was a small child.

Steve watched her leave and sighed softly, "she seems fine but not fine?" He asked, confused on his own statement. You glanced over with a raised eyebrow, "I suppose so. She's a teenager, I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to hang out with her parents all the time." You let out a small laugh but it wasn't enough for him. He missed his princess and missed when his daughter would be thrilled to see him. "I'll be right back." He said and left to the bedroom.

When he got to the room, he closed the door and grabbed his laptop. "Tried this one time...I'm sure it will work this time." He said to himself as he began to type in his search.

Dinner time rolled in and you shouted for them that it was ready. Your daughter walked up to her seat as she texted rapidly on her phone, making your eyes widen by how fast her two thumbs went. "Honey, please put your phone down for dinner." You said to her as you sat down. She groaned deeply and placed it down as she sat down, letting a sarcastic smile grow across her face. You smiled back, "thank you."

"Where's your dad?" You asked and she simply shrugged as she played with her food with the fork. All of the sudden, music started playing. A rap song that made no sense. Both of you and your daughter glanced over quickly to see Steve wearing tight jeans and a shirt, he tried to have a man bun but didn't work. "Dinner? That coo'." He said as he walked 'smoothly'.

Your daughter covered her mouth as she tried her best not to laugh. You smiled awkwardly, "oh here we go again.." you mumbled to yourself. Steve sat down but slouched, "So I thought maybe we could go shopping tomorrow to look more lit and Gucci. We need to have a fire look." He awkwardly said to the daughter. She raised an eyebrow, "you want to look Gucci?" She asked confused.

"..Hell ye..." he replied when he then had the face to sneeze but when he went to cover, he dabbed, causing your daughter to let out a slight scream/screech of horror. Her once sweet and old fashioned Dad was corrupted with the modern world. Steve bobbed his head side to side as his shoulders raised and lowered. "This song is so lit." He kept 'dancing' and then stood up again. He then began to dance a popular dance called 'Shoot' and then 'Floss' but he wasn't doing very well.

You watched him with wide eyes and when he finished, he dabbed once more. Your daughter's eye twitched before standing up again, "D-Dad.." she said and walked over with a small laugh. He panted lightly, "lit huh?" He asked her with a smug look as he placed his hands where his belt buckle would be. "Are you on something?" She asked and you couldn't help but laugh. It was even worse than the last time. Steve's face became very hot and red from embarrassment. "No." He says and hurriedly made his way to the bedroom again.

Your daughter glanced over to you with wide eyes. "What just happened?" She asked as you walked over. "Sweetie..he's just trying..." you sighed. "trying to fit in."

"Ohh..should I go talk to him?" She asked you.
You nodded and she nodded back. "Okay." She walked off. When she got to her dads room, she peeked in and saw him back in his normal clothes. He sat on the edge of the bed with his hands on his face. She felt horrible for laughing. "Hey Dad.." she greeted as you were walking up the stairs quietly to listen in. Steve quickly looked up, "oh hey sweetie." He said and placed his hands on his knees.

"I'm sorry for laughing Dad. I was just so..."
"Scared?" He interrupted but she giggled. "No, I was just surprised. You're usually old fashioned ya know?" She sat beside him. "But I'm boring.." he said unsure of her reassurance. "Nope. You're really cool pa, you're Captain America! You're super cool." She hugged his arm. He laughed and kissed the side of her head. "Thank you."

You opened the door and leaned on the doorframe. "It wasn't the first time that this happened." You smiled with a short laugh. Steve looked at you quickly, "please don't say-"

Your daughter gasped loudly, "omg what happened the first time?!" She interrupted. Steve groaned but chuckled, "here we go."

____

i noticed that many of you guys enjoyed part one so I hope you guys liked this one!! sorry if it was tooo cringy (trust me, I cringed) 🤧

ig: @ wonderr.woman