»stevexpeggy

Requested by: fangirlwriters
Hope you like it ☁️

You sat in the corner of your room, your knees close to your chest. You cried as you thought about the other day. "That dress look horrid on you, aww you think you look pretty!? You are so ugly" The voices of the group of girls rang through your mind. You could still hear their evil laughs and their insults. These kinds of things have been happening often, especially in your childhood.

You slowly stood up, dragged your feet to the mirror. Your eyes wondered through your body. Your lips twitched and you began to cry again. "Why me?" You said with a sniff.

Days passed and you rarely got out of your dark room. The team would ask if you were okay, but you never answered. They were all worried, but not as much as Steve. It pained Steve to see you like this, his heart ached, he just wanted to comfort you; but he didn't know how to.

You sat in your bed looking into a wall, it even seem to be moving as you stared at it longer. You put your earbuds in  and shut the real world out.

Steve paced around his room trying to figure out what to do, how to talk to you. He sighed frustratingly and walked out his door. He closed the door behind him and ran his fingers through his hair. "Okay okay just talk to her" he sighed and made his way to your room. He lightly knocked your door, you didn't hear because of your music. He knocked again, still no response. Steve began to get worried, he opened the door slowly.

"Peggy?" He said softly. You laid on your back with your eyes closed. "Peggy?" He poked your shoulder.Your eyes widen and jumped. Steve backed up, you took your headphones off "sorry" he softly said. "I..it's fine" you sit up.

"What are you doing here?" You asked as you sat down on the edge of your bed. He sat down next to you "I just wanted to see what was going on" he looked at you. "N..nothing" you tried not cry.

"Please tell me Peggy, I want to help" he grabbed your hand. You looked up to him as you finally let out the tears.

He hugged you "let me help" he rubbed your back gently. You sniffed "A few days ago, a group of girls insulted me a..and laughed me" you cried into his shoulder. Steve's blood began to boil "Peggy you shouldn't listen to them"

"Steve they're right I'm ugly a-and I'm worthless" you reply as you pulled away and looked down to your lap. He lifted your chin with a finger. "Peggy you are not worthless, you're an amazing person. You are not ugly, you are.. Beautiful, and gorgeous inside and out" he cupped your cheek. You closed your eyes and leaned into his hand. "t-thank you Steve" hugged him with a smile. He wrapped his arms around you "always remember what I said" he said quietly and you nodded lightly. He kissed you cheek with a smile.