Steve

for 

- Steve comforting his girl when she's insecure and sad. 

Margot cried softly as she laid down on her side of the bed. Her hands clutched to the blankets as she held them up to her chest. She tried to stop the tears from flowing down but thoughts of her day and life created more and more tears to form. 

The door slowly creaked open with a small knock, "Peg?" Steve called out in a tender tone as he had heard your sobs from down the hall. It was not the first time he heard her cry. She quickly hid her face into the sheets and forced herself not to let a sob out but it was no use- he knew what was going on. 

Rogers sat by her on her side of the bed, placing a hand on her hip. "Talk to me darlin'... please" he spoke worriedly. Margot cried and shook her head, "please leave me alone." she weakly whispered. He sighed and shook his head, "no...I know you need someone and I'm here for you. Tell me what's wrong." Steve leaned down to her cheek and gave it a soft kiss. 

Peggy peeked out and let a small sigh, "I am not good enough for you. I cannot do anything right and I just- I just know that there is someone better for you. Just like there were better ones for my ex's. It's no different this time..." she covered her face before sitting up.

Steve watched her with saddened eyes, he took her hands and kissed her knuckles. "Peg...darling...how can you say that? you are the best thing in my life. I have lost so much yet you are still here with me, and I am so, so, so lucky for that. I love you with all of my heart." He said. His voice filled with sincerity. She looked up to meet his eyes, "you mean that?" she questioned and he nodded. 

" of course Peg...I always mean what I say." he kissed her hands once more. 

"I love you too, Steve," she whispered.