Steve

part two for the previous imagine. 

this does not contain spoilers for Avengers 4! these are my own ideas!

recap:

Steve ignored all the pain he felt and pushed himself to run faster. His breathing got heavy when he started to see the tree where you stood behind it. He slowed down when he was close and hurriedly stood in front of you. You looked up as you held the photo still, "Steve..I.." you glanced down at your hand as it was turning into dust. You looked up to him as tears ran down your cheeks, and so did his. His eyes filled with sorrow and heartbreak to see go. "I love you." He says and right when you were going to say it, you turn into the dust and slowly drifts off into the wind.

His eyes widen and his breath hitched as all the color of his face flushed away. It was a horrific feeling, a feeling he hadn't felt since he last lost Peggy. The only two women he had ever truly loved in his life. Now the both of you were gone and there was nothing he could do about it.

-

Weeks have gone on by and Steve remained silent. If there wasn't something he HAD to do, he locked himself somewhere he would be alone and cry his heart and soul out. Natasha tried to comfort him but nothing worked. Her friend was broken. 

Steve sat by the bed, leaning his head against the edge, tears streaming down his face. A hard pulsing seemed to bang his head over and over. He hadn't gotten a headache since before he had become the super soldier he was now. It almost felt strange and unknown to him, as if he had dreamed about it once.

On the ground, there was a photo of you he had taken while you were reading. The concentration look you had was something he loved. The way your eyebrows would scrunch together when something you didn't like happen or how your beautiful eyes would become glossy from the tears. Steve glanced down at the photo and let out a shaky sigh, a tear rolling into his mouth. "I miss you so- so much darlin' so much..." he whispered as he carefully picked up the photograph. he brought it up to his lips and he kissed your head. 

Bruce Banner and many others were trying to figure out a way to get the many people they lost come back but they did not have the slightest clue where to start and if there even was a chance to get them back. Tony cried when he was alone, losing Peter was something that truly threw him back into the dark depression and anxiety he was once deeply in. Everyone was somehow affected by the snap. Everyone in the universe shared the same sorrow. 

Steve stood up from the ground by pushing himself with a hand on the bed. He thought about what he should, and there were only two things he /could/ do. He could either stay in his room and cry and cry or he could seek an old friend. Tony Stark and he had their ups and downs but at the end of the day, they had each other back. Placing the photograph down, he walked over to his phone and unlocked it to dial his number, hoping it hadn't changed since he last spoke to him. 

It rang and rang when suddenly it was picked up.

"who is this?" Tony's voice was tired. 

"It's me, Tony...Steve. I'm sorry for calling-"

"Don't apologize." Stark interrupted him with a deep sigh following.

It caught Steve by surprise but made him feel better with the fact that he wasn't being pushed away. "Tony... I heard about Peter.. I wanted to call to say how sorry I am." Steve said as he began to slowly pace around the room. "It's alright, I know you were  mourning for (Y/N) just like I was doing for Peter and just for everyone else that we lost." Tony rubbed his eyes with his index finger and his thumb. "If there was a way to get them back... I would do anything," said Steve. "Me too..Me too." Tony said after a short moment. 

Both stayed silent for what seemed like hours but in reality, it was only a couple of seconds. The silence was broken when Steve spoke up, "Then let's try to figure something out, we've managed to do so much together. I'm sure that we can come up with something to have the chance to see everyone again." Tony sighed again. "how are you so sure that there /is/ something out there is going to help us?" He asked. "because I have hope." Steve stood in front of your photograph. "I have hope to see her again and everyone we cared about." 

"Fine, meet me at the base in two hours if you can." Stark stood up from his chair and ran his fingers through his hair. 

"alright..and Tony?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Thank you." 

"You're welcome, Rogers." he hung up. 

Steve waited on a couch, remembering the good old times when they were all a team. He closed his eyes and could hear their laughter but it all slowly started to drift away until he was in the silenced room. 

The door opened, making his eyes open too. Tony walked in. He had dark under eyes, pale skin and dry lips. He was nowhere near being okay. Steve stood up as he watched his friend make his way over to where he stood. "I'll get you a glass of water," Steve said and went to get the glass but was stopped by Tony grabbing his arm. "I'm fine," Stark replied and let his arm go before sitting down, letting himself lean back. 

Both of them sat back down, they talked and talked for hours. All the things they had been doing since they had last seen each other and they both shared their sorrow. 

"We /need/ to find a way to get them back..there has to be something that can bring them back," Tony said and rubbed his face with a hand afterward, feeling worn out. 

"then we go look for one. We find Thor and everyone else that we can find. We have been through so much, faced big threats throughout the years and we have always come up top-" Steve said with the hint of hopefulness. Stark looked up to connect eye contact, feeling the hope come through him. 

"-and like you said..if we can't save the earth, then we will damn sure avenge it."