Chapter 1

Maine

I was in the back seat of the car, letting my mind wander. Spacing out, thinking about life or where my thoughts take me.

Untill...

"Sharmaine! Are you listening to me!?" A strong voice echoed in the car, Agad kung kinuha yung headset na naka patong sa ulo ko, looking at the mirror of the car.

I saw my father's irritated face as I sighed and said. "What?!" I asked irritably.

"Maine!  When your father is talking to you, listen to him, God!” My mom looked at me, sitting in the passenger seat.  "This is the perfect decision to tranfer you here in the Philippines" sabi ni mom

"My life in New york is okay, bakit niyo pa ako binalik dito sa Pilipinas?" sabi ko sa kanila habang naka krus ang braso.

"Because we heard that you always get bullied there, dahil sa itsura mo! Gosh Sharmaine, malaki yung binibigay naming pera sayo and you can't even take care of yourself!” she exclaimed.

"Really? or maybe you're just embarrassed because I am not gifted with a pretty face like yours" sabi ko sa kanya

"Anak hindi—" I cut dad

“Stop, Dad—I don't want to talk about this again” sabi ko sa kanila at binalik yung headset sa tenga ko.

Ilang oras nang naka lipas, huminto yung saskyan. I glanced at the car window, a huge black gate was in front of us, with the signage at the side.

Fajargaz University

I was struck by the grand main building, which looked like a museum. Two nearby buildings stood like palaces. The carefully tended gardens and trimmed bushes created a lovely scene. A large pedestal with a majestic lion statue added to the school's royal atmosphere.

Para lang akong nasa New york pag dito ako nag aaral. Nag simula ng nag lakad sila mom and dad kaya naka buntot lang ako sa kanila. Isang babae na naghihintay sa labas ng main door, holding a black i pad 

I guess she's one of the staff here, she is wearing a dark red coloured pencil skirt and a white long sleeve polo.

Her eyes lightened when she saw my parents and smiled “Good afternoon! You must be Mr and Mrs. Lorenezo” pag bati niya.

“I am Jenny Ortega, I was assigned to assist and picked you here by the head master” she smiled.

“We are grateful! And our daughter...”
they said.

Her eyes widened as she looked at me, tiningnan niya ako head to toe, as if she was disgusted by my face or surprised from what she saw.

"Y-you're Sharmaine Nicole Lorenezo?" tanong niya, as she smiled forcedfully, tinaasan ko lang siya ng kilay at inirapan.

“Where should I stay?" I asked.

She moved on and started to explain about the school  "The dorms are divided into two, the VIPS and the—"

"I'll choose it then!" sagot ko

“Sharmaine!" Saway ng mama ko.

“Pag pasenyahan mo na yung anak ko with her attitude” my dad said glancing at me with an irritating look.

His eyes were distracted and looked at my mother, she was answering his phone until she dropped it.

“Hon, we have to go” she said.