Chapter 11

“I am!” Clint said.

“You're kidding!” Khian smirked looking at me “You can drive?” he asked looking at me.

I was about to say something when Neil played on his phone “Yes she can, she has a leaked photo”

He showed me his phone, and it was a photo of me back in new york, with a black leather jacket as my hair was messy and a beenie on top of it.

They looked at me confusingly “You race?” Zander asked.

“No! I don't compete in racing” I defended. They looked at me suspiciously, they were still expecting me to say something about the photo.

“You misunderstood! I was there since I was supporting my cousin” I said.

“But you can drive, right?” Clint asked.

“Of course! he teached me—”

Clint cut me off “Then there is no reason to say no, Khian”

“Nope! I'll just going to drink” Kei said.

“Booo!!!” Neil mocked.

“I thought you're not backing down to a race, Khian” Neil said.

“I wont if my challenger is a man and a professional” he said.

“Are you being a misogynist?” I asked. Raising one brow.

“No! I don't you to get hurt during a race” he said. My brow raised, My blood boil and suddenly a competitive side of me just emerged.

“Okay! I'll accept Clint dare” I said.

“But I can't do that now, I don't have my car with me” I said.

“You can use mine” Zander said grinning.

“Zander, you don't even want us to use your car” Clint said.

“It's because you're bad at driving” Zander said.

“Great! I'll see you outside I guess” I said to him.

Khian looked speechless, I followed Zander and went to his garage. He opened the garage, my eyes sparkled when I saw the black matte car in front of me.

“You're lending me this?” I asked.

“Yeah, She's a little bit rusty, There are also little scratches on her but she'll be fine” She said looking at his car.

“Are you sure you can drive her?” Zander asked.

“You have the same car as my cousin” I said.

“Alright, keep safe” he said.

I get inside the car and turned it on, Zander was giving me a thumbs up and drove away from the garage. I saw Kei was outside leaning outside the car.

And the others are there as well. I stopped beside his car, opened the wondow and looked at him.

“You know, I won't go easy on you” Kei said smirking.

“Oh come on, a friendly race wont hurt Khian” I said to him.

Khian smirked “Alright, then” he said. Pumasok na ito sa kotse niya and Kaye went on the middle.

“Who ever get's the first flag, wins!”
She said as she explains where and the rules during the race. She immediately pressed her air horn.

Khian and I raced toward the finish line, our hearts pounding in sync with our steps. Kei was gaining on us, so I slammed the pedals, pushing Khian forward, but the distance between us was shrinking. Refusing to give up, I weaved through obstacles to stay ahead.