Chapter 29

It's been two days, at hindi na ako lumalabas ng kwarto. It's been two days of being miserable, it hurts a lot he didn't even call me. Or trying to fix our relationship, baka papatawarin ko pa siya. Baka may pag asa pa na magka balikan kami, pero wala...

I was in my room staring at the alarm clock, It's already 12PM at hindi pa ako bumabangon. Biglang may kumatok sa pinto at may pumasok.

"Maine? how are you feeling?" It's Allison's voice, dala yung trey na pagkain. Kinuha niya yung pagkain na nasa trey na hindi ko man lang ginalaw

"You didn't eat your food today, magkaka sakit ka niyan" sabi niya sakin.

Hindi ako sumagot, ayaw kung makipag usap ng ibang tao. A part of me wants to call him but parang mali, hindi dapat ako yung nanghihingi ng attention nito.

"Your dad is planning to go on an outing, it will be fun!" she exclaims smiling.

"Ayaw kung sumama, kayo na lang" I said in a low voice.

Her smile faded "I see"

She went out, but before the door closed, I heard Allison speak.

"Maine, I don't know what happened between you and Khian, but please take care of yourself. You're strong, Maine. Get a hold of yourself."

After that, she left and closed the door. There are only three days left before classes start again. I saw the laptop on my table. I quickly got up and opened my email.

My eyes widened and, for the first time in a while, I smiled. I saw an email from the school at the top of my inbox.

Dear Sharmaine Lorenzo,

Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I inform you of your acceptance to Ravenwood University in New York City for the upcoming academic year.

After a thorough review of your application, we are confident that you will be a valuable addition to our vibrant academic community.Your academic achievements, personal accomplishments, and dedication to excellence have distinguished you from a highly competitive pool of applicants.

At Ravenwood University, we are committed to fostering an environment where students like you can thrive both intellectually and personally.

"I-I got in" I whispered.

"I got in!" I cried. and I can't believe my eyes.

"Allison! Allison!" I yelled.

Allison immediately slammed the door open, concerned looking at me "What happened!?"

"I got in!" I yelled.

"I got in at Ravenwood!" I yelled, I immediately hugged her tight and cried. She hugged me tightly and comforted me.

"I'm so happy for you Maine!" she exclaimed..

"I'm going back to New York! makakabalik nako" I said.

"Yeahh you just need your requirements, sabay kana sakin umuwi" sabi niya sakin.

I have to get back to Fajargaz University, para kunin lahat yun. I smiled at her, this is my reason that I'm here. Ito na yun, I can't miss this.

I stopped at the entrance gate of Fajargaz University, and my heart started racing. Even though I wanted to calm myself, my heart wouldn’t slow down.

I sighed and opened the car door.I entered the school, carefully avoiding places where Khian might be. I made my way to the principal's office to get my papers.