Chapter 27

Maine

Panting, flashing lights, blood in my hands.

I was running, and I don't even know why. Just run, run into the woods and just don't look back.

A flash of memory, I killed someone, I don't know why I did that but I did-I killed a man just now.

I suddenly opened my eyes and I was panting, catching my breath. I looked around and it was 3AM. I saw Allison in the other bed still sleeping peacefully with her mouth half opened.

I immediately left the villa, I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. I've had this flashing memory since the Fox Ryodan incident. and now, in my dream. Where did this come from?

I noticed it was still light outside, so I decided to go out and enjoy the fresh air since I couldn't sleep again. I sat on a swing chair on the villa's balcony, sipping the tea I had made. Allison said that tea can help when you can't sleep well, and I think this is the time to test it out.

I couldn't stop thinking about the dream from earlier. Yesterday I was at the falls, staring at the ominous aura around the trees. Something urged me to go there, but I didn't have the courage to face what lay ahead.

"Maine?"

Napatingin naman ako kung sino yung tumawag sakin, gulat kung nakita si Khian, he was still wearing his pajamas, but with a sweater on it.

"Khian?" tawag ko sa kanya

He went to the balcony and sat at the other swing chair thst is placed in front.

"What are you doing in this late hour?" tanong niya sakin.

"Hindi ako makatulog" sagot ko.

"Something bothering you?" he asked.

"Just a nightmare," I replied.

"That's at first," he said.

"I'm as surprised as you are," I said.

"Care to tell?" he asked.

"Funny, because I was running through the trees late at night with bloodstains on my hands. And people were chasing me," I said.

He looked at me, surprised. I chuckled, "I know it's weird," I said.

"And another weird thing is, that dream felt kind of real. When we fought the Fox Ryodan, it suddenly and unexpectedly came back to me," I told him.

I glanced at him, noticing how serious he looked while listening to me. I smiled and said, "Nevermind that, at least I got it off my chest."

"That's strange, not a memory?" he asked.

"Nope! Besides, that scene is too exaggerated to be true, don't you think?" I replied, sipping my tea and feeling the cold breeze.

I yawned and hugged myself. Allison was right, this tea really works well.

"Do you want to go to bed?" he asked.

"I guess so" I answered.

"Okay, come on, let's go to bed," he said. He held out his hand, and I grabbed it. As I looked at him, his sleepy eyes and messy hair caught my attention.

Cute...

"Can I sleep with you today?" I asked.

"Allison snores it will be hard for me to sleep peacefully, this time" I said. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Sure, let's go"

We went to his villa and entered his room, which was well-arranged, unlike ours that was messy with Allison's clothes everywhere.