Chapter 31

We entered Jake's condo together with Ssylix and Josh.

"Jake!" I called.

Jake was walking from his kitchen eating ramen, he looked at me and glanced at Josh. He was confused.

"What is he doing here?" he asked.

"Jake, stop. We need the news" I said.

"Actually, Theo was the one who found out. He put the pieces together. Come with me" he said. We followed him and I saw Theo was sleeping as his head rested on the table.

Jake immediately patted him to wake up, Theo came out and he rubbed his eyes. He looked at us.

"Oh you're here" he said.

"Name your price, just tell me what you find" I said.

He smirked "Sure" he gestured Jake and gave me a piece of paper. It's more expensive than I expected. I sighed and gave the paper to Ssylix.

"Just give him the money" he said.

His phone vibrated and Theo was grinning, I assumed he already received the money. But this piece of information is really something and I can't let this slide.

"Jessaine Sato was lost years ago with armed men" he said. "Those men were ordered by one of the elites, and this is one of your investors Mr Fajargaz" Theo glanced at me.

"Again, I'm not here for his reasons why he did this shit, I'm here because of the info, the names" he said.

"Spill" I said.

"Damian Cortes" he said.

"I heard he was both the investors of the Fajargaz and the Sato" he said.

"Then a few months after the kidnapping, a body was found near a camping resort it was buried" he explained.

Suddenly I remembered about Damian parked hi car near the resort where Maine and her family were checked in.

Jake pressed something and the picture appeared in a projector, It was the man's information and the picture of his dead body.

"Emmanuel Paz, coincidence it was Dexter's father" he said.

"Emmanuel's crime cases was included rape" he said.

"Don't you mean..."

"Probably not, according to the police it was a further investigation. The man was buried not far from an abandoned house. There are no such traces of illegal things" he said.

"So in conclusion, This was Damian Cortes 'I doing. And you're pointing out that Dexter is working under Damian for his father? Why the hell does Emmanuel die?" Josh asked.

"The police said,  he was stabbed by a shattered glass" Theo said.

"And Jess?" I asked.

Theo smirked "I was able to search the CCTVs near that place. Luckily there is a CCTV installed near that place" Theo said.

A video was shown on the projector, Theo immediately played it and it was all black and white a little girl running towards the streets and she was almost hit by a car. Luckily, the car stopped.

A woman and a man stepped out of the car and he immediately paused the video.

He typed some of the keys of his laptop and.the video was zoomed and a photo was shown.

"Familiar?" Theo said. "It's Mariana and Charles Lorenezo, Maine's parents. Or should I say Foster parents" Theo said.

My eyes widened, speechless, I heard a glass was shattered near me but I didn't care. I was still processing, the information was unexpected.