Chapter 8

It was another day in this school, and unexpectedly medjo masakit pa talaga yung nasa bandang tuhod ko because of yesterday. I tried to hide it from everyone, especially from Kaye, wondering how to manage it if she found out. I knew her well; she would worry even if it wasn't serious. Once again, as I was walking towards my dorm, someone called out to me.

“Hey! you!”

I paused and glanced behind me, seeing Ssylix walking towards me.

“Yes? Need anything?” I asked.

“Uhh, no. How's your leg?” he inquired, glancing at my knee, which was still hurting. The bruise was still visible, but luckily it was covered by my knee socks.

“I see” he said. “Here” he gave me a two black envelope, kinuha ko naman ito and tried to open it.

“You're invited to Zander's birthday party, kayo ni Kaye” sabi niya sakin.

Kumunot naman yung noo ko “Really? we're not even that close” I said.

“Neil and Khian said so. So, we'll expect you to be there” sabi niya sakin.

“Marami bang mga tao?” tanong ko sa kanya.

Ssylix shook his head “It's exclusive for us, friends” he said.

“I see, thanks” I said.

Agad naman akong umalis when suddenly he said “Oy!”

I glanced at him once again.

“Wear something nice in gold or black” he said, agad naman itong umalis.

That would be a problem, I don't have a nice outfit that he mentioned. Bigla namang nag ring yung bell and I hurriedly went to my classroom kahit masakit na yung paa ko.

Nung dumating na ako, nag- tinginan yung mga classmates ko pati yung teacher, Her hands rested on her waist as her brows rose in a questioning manner.

“I'm sorry for being late, ma'am,” I apologized.

She nodded, and I quickly went to a nearby seat, surprised to find Khian sitting beside it. I glanced around for another vacant seat, but there was none available.

“Is this seat taken—”

“None” he immediately answered. He glanced at me and gestured for me to sit down.

I sat next to him and noticed his strong cologne, which had a pleasant, masculine scent. It lingered in the air and even seemed to stick to my uniform.

“You're late, it's not like you" he whispered. I glanced at him and sighed by opening my notebook and trying to take notes.

“I've met Ssylix, and didn't notice the time” I said.

He was silent looking at the instructor with his pen down.

I paused while writing and said “Thanks for the invitation” 

He didn't bother to answer me back. He was too serious listening to the professor. Hindi ko na lang din siya pinansin and did the same.

The class ended, letting my classmates exit first. Khian stood up and noticed me slowly keeping my things.

“Hindi ka uuwi?” tanong niya sakin.

“Later, mag-liligpit lang ako” sabi ko sa kanya.

“I'll see you at the party” tugon niya, napatango naman ako and I saw him leave the room. When he did, sumunod naman ako locked the classroom.