Chapter 18

We entered a small room furnished with red couches, exuding a modern style. Taking a seat on one of the crimson couches, I watched as Sheila headed towards a mini fridge, casting a glance my way.

"Do you want a drink?" she inquired. I declined with a shake of my head, as she placed a soda on the table before taking a seat in front. Opening a can of beer, she took a sip before I broached the subject.

"So, what do you know about Khian?" I asked.

"How well do you know him?" she inquired.

“He's a leader of a gang, a student leader and the son of the university. His family is one of the elites” I said.

“He's just not a leader” she said. “He's the king” she said.

"Khian found comfort in this underground arena. He beat many rival gangs, even his biggest enemy from the Fox Ryodan. People called him the king because he couldn't be defeated, and he was really tough," he explained.

"You probably already know why all of this happened," she said.

"Jess," I quietly said.

She nodded. "His anger got worse because he's still trying to find the gang who took his girlfriend. The person that took her has a dragon tattoo on his arm ," she told me.

Dragon tattoo...

"Some gangs liked him and respected him, but a lot of others hated him, or rather, they hated his gang. It's nice to see you doing okay," she said, taking another sip of her beer.

I was silent trying to understand everything, so Jess was the reason that this happen. I looked at Shiela “So, he fought a lot of gangs for her?" I asked.

“Basucally, yes. He thought that he could find that person who took her. Untill now, he is still hopeful” she said.

“I saw that” I said.

“Well I expected tgat you're his girlfriend, I assume that you're a new member of the gang” she said.

I shook my head “Not exactly”I said.

“Strange, I thought you're the mysterious queen of their gang” she said.

My brows frowned “What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“I heard that Khian was assigned someone to be a queen of the gang. But since you told me that you're not his girlfriend, you're not the queen of the gang” she said.

Kumunot naman ang noo ko at napatingin sa kanya"What does a queen do?" I asked her.

"Anything, really. It's like taking on the gang's problems and the leader's duties. It's not that important, but I guess Khian found someone," she replied.

I felt a pang in my heart. I glanced at her, still drinking her beer, while I was lost in thought. It seemed like this was the end of our closeness. Sheila had just told me she found someone else.

Well, I suppose it's my cue to keep my distance from them. But why would he do those things for me? If he's already found someone, why would he make me feel so loved? He brought me so much joy, always making me feel special.

It's not fair. All this time, treating me like family while he was busy with someone else. And that's bullshit

“I-I have to use the bathroom” I said to her.

She nodded pointing out the door and giving me directions, Agad naman akong umalis sa kwarto na yun and I was still lost in thought trying to get over what Shiela said.

It's funny how his words can affect me like this. Maybe he's found someone worth pursuing. I smiled bitterly, allowing my thoughts to wander.

“Why, hello there” I was startled looking at a man in front of me, I was looking atound and I'm in a different room. I was already near the exit of the arena and I don't even know when and how did I get here.