16. Alfie's Pov

My phone was ringing from an unknown number but I answered it anyway, we were in a taxi on our way home. I had already read the text from Zoe which said,

Me and Louise have gone back early Xx

"Hello, is this Mr Alfie...Deyes?" the woman said.

"Umm...yes." I said back, it didn't sound good.

"I was told Joe... Sugg would be with you. Is that correct?" she said.

"Umm...yea" I said, "He's sitting beside me right now"

"Yes, this is Margaret from the emergencies desk at your nearest hospital and I'm really sorry to inform you that your dear friend Zoe has been involved in an incident involving a burgulary at the house that you are staying in with her and Louise and lots of others as Louise has told me. Well I need to warn you all not to return to the house if you haven't already and make your way to the hospital."

She was on speaker and the whole cab had gone quiet as we had also just turned up to our house; there was a police line and lots of police cars.

"How serious..?" I whispered, everyone looking at me by now.

"Well we don't know for sure yet but she has just gone off to surgery but i..." I cut her off.

"Take us to the hospital now!" the cab driver, hearing everything we had said, drove off. Everyone was silent.

"Surgery..." Joe started to say but trailed off in his own thoughts.

I think that is what none of us could get out of our heads. Surgery. It sounded serious, but she could pull through, she was strong minded but I couldn't make myself think positivly, I was just too scared...