30. The funeral

I sat on my own in my black suit. Roses lined the church walls as all of the people who loved Zod tried to squeeze in the small space.

Even Louise brought Darcy and even the Saccone Jolys arrived. The American youtubers flew over and my family came too.

I didn't cry or even speak until I arrived home. I was alone. People insisted that I could stay with them but I ignored them.

I screamed and threw a vase at the door as I slid my back down the wall and curled ino a ball, silently sobbing as I grasped the picture frame enclosing the time Zoe and I were at the beach. I held it tight against my heart but I knew really she was gone. I flung it at the door aswell which made me cry harder. I don't normally cry but it hurt. It hurt a lot.

A few hours later I opened my laptop, not daring to open twitter but I opened YoutTube. Silent tears rolled again as I read that Zoe had finally hit 6million subscribers and she wasn't there to see it. Then I looked at my own channel and it had hit 5million. I couldn't bring myself to read the comments so I curled up on the floor not bothering to get up and fell asleep.

Always remember that if you are reading this you are alive; congratulations! If that's not something to smile about then I dont't know what is.

In our lives, there are times when we are apt to get and maintain high amounts of activity and stress. Many of us get so busy that we forget to remember and celebrate, on occasion what life is really about. If you are reading this, you are alive. This isn't something to be taken for granted, because we are not always guaranteed new life as each day passes.

Take time out every once in a while and reflect upon your life. Sure, we should work hard, but we have to remember that we work hard so that we can help to bless the people that we care about, not for ourselves.

Be there for the people that you love. Take time out for the birthday parties, the weddings, the bar-mitzvah's, dinner parties, and cookouts with the people that you love, and who help you to feel alive. You only have one life to live, so be an example of love, strength and peace by the time it is over. Don't chase a dream and forget about the people who help your heart continue to beat.

***
I awoke with a jolt to see that Marcus was ringing me.

"You okay man." He said.

"I don't think I could live in a world without her man..."