15. Or So I Thought

"Is anyone else with you!?" The man siad. He had a hazy look in his eye and looked not drunk but very high, he looked almost psycotic. He wore all black except on his head and he was sweating and shaking, he looked scared. In his hand was what looked like Caspar's wallet and some tablets.

We shook our heads and he just stood with the gun at our faces and stared at us from the other side of the room. I didn't dare move. Neither of us did.

He started to circle us.

"You are lying to me!" he shouted and flung a vase which hit me in the waist and shattered everywhere. Bits of small glass left small cuts over mine and Louise's arms. I couldn't help but groan and grab my side.

"Zoe? Oh no Zo..." Louise looked at my waist in horror as I pulled my hands away to reveal a lot of blood. I felt like the room was spinning and it hit me that I was about to pass out from the pain...

I woke up on the floor. The room was hazy, I could see the psyco walking fast around and around the room making me even more dizzy.

"Hello yes please I need an ambulance and the police, please my best friend... 5 Oakgrove..." Louise was frantically speed talking to the woman on her phone and tears were starting to stream down her face.

"NO NO DON'T DO THAT!" The man grabbed the phone and smashed it on the floor, the room started to blur more and all I heard was the sound of a gunshot, a scream and a thump.

***

"Zoe, Zoe honey we need you to wake up please, stay with me Zoe, don't worry we are taking you to the hospital, just stay with me Zoe, breathe, breathe" I saw the white of a nurse's uniform in a huge blur.

"Chummy?" I lifted my head up and it hurt so much that it all went black again.