20. Life's Not Fair

*Zoe's Pov*

I woke up.

Alfie was sitting beside my bed with his head on my arm. He was asleep. Same with Joe and Louise. I looked at Louise's arms which were all cut and it hit me, the realisation of what happened the night before hit me and it hit me hard.

I just stroked Alfie's hair and stared at his face, his features and how peaceful he looked, I was so lucky to have him.

I looked at Louise again and thought of how awful these past few days must have been for her and how she still managed to sleep on a hard chair beside me, I was so lucky to have her aswell.

And Joe. His eyes were puffy and red and he didn't look comfortable. I wished he could be happy again and not have to worry about me but unless my body would accept some blood, he would worry.

About twenty minutes later a nurse came in and everyone woke up.

"How are you feeling?" she asked sympathetically.

"Fine" I still had an oxygen mask over my face and she fiddled with a few wires and buttons before leaving.

"I'm gonna get us some stuff to eat" Joe said.

"I'll help" Louise got up with Joe and they left.

I looked at Alfie and he looked at me.

"I will push through you know. There's no need to worry. I'm not going anywhere without a fight." I said, braver than I felt.

"I know Zo, let's be positive, yea?" He faked a smile weakly.

"I wanna tell you something Alfie"

"Anything little one" he said.

"I want to tell you that I love you. I know you know that but this is different. I have realised that I Iove you a lot more than I thought I did and the thought of not seeing you again breaks my heart. I need you Alfie Deyes" I said and he couldn't hold it in, tears streamed down his face an he burried his head into my arm. I stayed strong and didn't cry, for him.

"Don't worry Zo, I will be with you this whole time, I love you so much and..and I won't loose you because you're my everything, we will beat this." he toughened up a little and raised his head.

"Aslong as you promise to stay with me until the very end" I said.

"Aslong as you promise to stay with me and beat this." he said, "Okay?"

"Okay." I agreed.

Okayy I had to quote the fault in our stars Im sorry okay ahahaha. Anyways 500 VIEWS = NEXT CHAPTER!! Do you want to find out if Zoe lives or not? Share with your friends then!!