Chapter 25

Three months later.

Camila sighs as she loads the last truck. They were preparing for a moment of having to run if the horde gets any closer.

"Camila, have I done something wrong?" Quinn asked sheepishly, after her conversation with Octavia, it took her a couple of months to get the courage up to ask Camila what was going on with them.

"No, I've just been very busy." Camila responds softly.

Quinn swallowed. "Oh." She bit her lip.

Sighing, Camila stops what she's doing and turns to look at Quinn. "I'm sorry."

"I just thought I'd done something wrong because you wouldn't talk to me." Quinn mumbled.

"No, you haven't done anything wrong, I promise. There's something I need to tell you." Camila says softly.

Quinn looked up, her green eyes searching Camila's face before she nodded.

"There's a horde coming, it's getting closer everyday." The older girl breathes out. "We need to prepare to leave."

"Sam already told me." Quinn said slowly, remembering her conversation with Sam.

Nodding, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "Have you prepared?"

"Sam managed to trick the kids into helping, they are almost finished... I think." Quinn responded.

"That's good." Camila turns back to loading her truck.

"Do you need help?" Quinn asked.

Shaking her head, Camila smiles softly. "I'm almost done."

"Oh... okay." Quinn ran her hand through her hair, feeling kind of useless.

"Actually, can you go make sure the girls are done? I need to put their things in our van, since we found one big enough for all of us. You and Sam are driving my truck." Camila says, nodding toward the large van that looks to be like a bus with seatbelts.

"Okay." Quinn nodded once and walked off.

Shutting the back of the truck, Camila pulls the tarp down over it and sighs.

She ran her hand through her hair.

"Mama, what's going on?" Camila turned to find Paisley standing behind her. The younger girl looked really confused.

Sighing softly, Camila looks into her daughter's eyes. "Do you remember the monsters we've been telling you about?"

Paisley frowned in confusion, thinking really hard. "The ones in mom's nightmares?"

"The reason you aren't allowed outside the gates." Camila responds.

Paisley tilted her head to the side. "Those?" She pointed to a walker.

"Yes, more of them are coming." The brown eyed girl explains.

"More?" Paisley swallowed, shifting uncomfortably.

Nodding, Camila steps forward and leans down slightly to look into Paisley's eyes. "Which is why we are preparing to leave."

"Leave?" Paisley nodded.

"Why don't you go help mommy for me?" Camila asks, kissing her forehead.

Paisley shook her head. "I'm staying with you."

"Okay, wanna help me get the van set up for you and your siblings? That way we have seats prepared." Camila says softly.

Paisley nodded. "Sure."

Leading Paisley over to the van, Camila steps inside and starts setting up carseats for the younger kids.

"Why do I have so many siblings?" Paisley asked.

Swallowing thickly, Camila looks up at Paisley. "Because I'm not just with your mommy, just like she's not just with me."

"But you were... years ago. I found mom's diary... I know I shouldn't have read it... but I did. You two were happy... What happened?" Paisley asked.

"It's hard to explain Paise, a lot of things happened between us." Camila responds, strapping in the last carseat.

She had made sure someone could be next to each of the younger kids.

"Does love even exist? It didn't work for you and mom but it worked for Aunt Quinn and Uncle Sam... I'm confused." Paisley frowned.

"Hey, your mom and I still love each other, but we are also dating other people that we love." Camila explains softly.

"But that doesn't make sense. In the stories I've read people stay with one person... true love. Two people, one relationship." Paisley shook her head.

Sighing, Camila runs a hand through her hair. "Those are just silly stories."

Paisley looked down. "I'm going for a walk." She turned and walked away.

"Dammit!" Camila snaps out, getting off the van and heading inside the prison to her and Octavia's cell block.

She slumped down on the bed and sighed heavily, running her fingers through her hair.

"What's wrong?" Octavia asks softly from where she was packing another box.

"Paisley is angry at me and we still don't have a place to live." Camila said.

Moving over to the bed, Octavia sits down and runs a hand through Camila's hair. "We'll figure something out."

"We have to." Camila said. "For our children."

Nodding, Octavia leans down and kisses her gently.

Camila kissed her back.

After a few minutes, Octavia pulls away and smiles softly. "We'll figure this out, we always do."

Camila nodded, she rested her forehead against Octavia's.

"When do we leave?" The older girl asks softly.

"Once everyone is ready." Camila sighed.

Nodding, Octavia moves to straddle Camila's hips. "Then we have time." She mumbles, leaning down and kissing Camila passionately.

Camila smiled against Octavia's lips

Deepening the kiss, Octavia teasingly grinds down against her.

Camila released a quiet moan into Octavia's mouth.

Pulling away, Octavia continues grinding down against Camila.

Camila couldn't hold back her moans as she closed her eyes.

It wasn't long before the two girls came and Octavia stopped her movements, the two girls relaxed.

"We should change." Octavia breathes out.

"Yeah." Camila sighed.

The older girl doesn't move.

"O?" Camila asked.

"Hmm?" Octavia hums out, her eyes closed.

"We need to change." Camila reminded her. "We'll need to go soon."

Groaning, Octavia slowly sits up and runs a hand through her hair tiredly.

"I know you are tired but you can sleep when we are in the trucks." Camila said softly.

"You change me." The older girl mumbles.

"Change yourself." Camila sat up and rolled Octavia off of herself.

Groaning, Octavia gets up and starts changing.

Camila copied Octavia's actions.

"Kill me." Octavia mumbles to herself as she struggles into her jeans.

"What?" Camila turned around to face Octavia.

"My jeans are stuck." Octavia grumbles.

"Stuck? Why?" Camila frowned.

"Just give me a pair of your sweat pants." Octavia responds.

"Okay." Camila moved over to the drawers and pulled a pair of sweatpants out. She passed them to Octavia before beginning to pack a box with the last of their clothes.

Pulling on the sweatpants quickly, Octavia runs a hand through her hair. "Can we leave?"

"Once everyone is ready." Camila said, closing the box.

****