Chapter 9

I rolled out of bed in a great mood. I walked to the bathroom and did my hygiene routine. Once I was finished I jumped back in my bed and checked my phone.

Cedric: Wake up baby girl !

Me: I'm up! What you wanna do today?

Cedric: let's go to the movies or something.

Me: okay see you later !!!

Im guessing the whole time I was texting Cedric I had a smile on my face. I wouldn't have known that if my mom didn't walk in and tell me.

"Now who got you smiling that hard in that phone" My mom said standing in the door.

"Nothing, ugh... can I go to the movies tonight?

"Sure, as long as I meet the boy."

I laughed a little. "How'd you know I wasn't going with my friends?"

"Because ya mama knows, even when you think I don't. Now come eat breakfast." My mom said with a warm smile.

My mom walked downstairs and I followed shortly after.

For some reason I was super hungry! I ate like two grown men and still had room for more.

My mom was just finishing her plate when someone called the house phone. She disappeared into the living room while I continued to eat.

"Hey baby I won't be able to meet your friend, maybe another time." She said coming into the kitchen.

"Why what happened?" I said turning to face her.

"Work called and I have to go in."

My mom walked to where I was sitting and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"That's job makes me so damn sick sometimes."

I could tell she was upset. Saturdays and Sundays are the only days my mom has off and those are her resting days. She walked out the kitchen and into her bedroom.

I finished my food and washed the dishes that were used.

I walked into my moms bedroom to tell her bye and to let her know what time I was going to leave.

"Alright, be safe." She said putting on her shoes and making her way to the door.

After my mom left I went up to my room to get ready to see Cedric.

I stepped into my shower and lathered my whole body. Once I was finished I wrapped my towel around me and walked to my closet.

I decided on wearing high waisted jeans and a varsity t-shirts with my all white Nikes. I did my hair and was finished.

It wasn't long after I got finished getting dressed that Cedric called and told me he was on his way.

He pulled up to my house 20 minutes later. As soon as I opened the door I started smiling super hard. He hugged me and followed me to my room.

I grabbed my phone of the charger and turned to see him sitting on the bed.

"Come here." He said motioning me to come sit next to him.

"That's not what we came up here for boy! Come on let's go." I said laughing.

"Damn! Got me happy for nothing."

We both laughed and existed my room. I locked my house and walked to his car.

Cedric had his eyes on the road and I was looking at him the whole time. I couldn't do anything but smile at him. He was so fine and he was all mine!

"You smile to much." Cedric said eyeing me.

Hell I couldn't help it! He made me get butterflies whenever I looked his way. Which was crazy because I never would have imagined myself to be going out with someone like him.

"Dang I can't smile now?" I said laughing.

He only laughed and continued to focus on the road.

We pulled up to the movies and found a parking spot close to the doors.

Once we made it into the building the smell of fresh popcorn hit us. Cedric took my hand and guided me through the thick crowd.

I guess a lot of people knew him because people left and right were coming up speaking to him.

A few guys came and asked who i was and he pulled me to him so they knew I was his girl. I only smiled and wrapped my arm around his waist.

We grabbed some snacks and walked to the cinema room where our movie was playing.

The movie was good but I was all into the snacks we got and stuffing my face with them.

Once the movie was over we made our way out the building hand and hand.

"NOOOO MA'AM ! I know Tiffany ain't with this nigga." I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

I turned to see Allison , Zakiya and two dudes coming up to me and Cedric. Cedric had to know them also because he dapped them up and started a conversation.

I was surprised that i seen them at movies, but I shouldn't have been because this town is super small.

"Well well well. I thought you didn't date guys like Cedric." Allison said laughing.

"You ain't know we go together now?" Cedric said jumping in the conversation.

"I hadn't told them yet." I said with my eyes still in Allison's direction.

"Damn Tiffany , you don't tell us nothing no more!" Zakiya said.

"Well we do! See y'all later." I grabbed Cedrics had and led him to the car.

I really didn't want to sit there and have a long conversation with them. Nor did I want to explain why I didn't tell them about me and Cedric. I'll deal with those two another day. All I wanted was to finish my night with Cedric without their loud mouth asses with us.