Chapter 24

*2 months later* Tiffany POV*

Today is Cedric's court day and I'm going there to testify against him along with Nic for the killing of Shaka.

I didn't know he had went as far as killing Shaka until Nic broke down and confessed to being a accessory to the crime. I felt horrible knowing that she lost her life and a innocent baby would be growing up without their mother. In some type of way I was the reason for that and the only good that was coming out of it was that Cedric was going to jail!

Nic was also facing jail time for being there and he wanted Zakiya to be there to support him, she texted me earlier in the morning and let me know that we would be going together.

I was still battling with the fact that all this mess went on in my life and at this age, but I was staying strong. I got dressed and set on the couch soaking everything in.

My phone vibrated with a text message from Zakiya telling me she was outside. Before I left I looked in the mirror, took a deep breath, and prepared myself for what was coming. 

*5 hours later*

I've been up here for 5 hours and they still haven't came up with their decision. I eventually started thinking that the judge and jury as going to let him walk free.

five minutes later and the jury walked in. I instantly became nervous. I scooted to the end of my seat and grabbed Zakiya's hand.

A tall skinny white man stood up and read the juries verdict. "We the jury, find Cedric Marquise Harris .... GUILTY of 1st degree murder and attempted murder." The man set back down and cleared his throat.

My heart dropped and I put my hands together to thank God. I glanced up to see Cedric with his hands on his face. His caramel skin had turned red and I could see he was crying. A part of me felt sorry for him then another part couldn't give two fucks!

I was still studying Cedric's face when I heard the judge slam his gravel. I didn't even hear how many years he gave him.

I heard a few gasp throughout the room and looked at Zakiya in shock.

"Wait, wait how many years did he get?"

"You didn't hear? They gave him 10 years."

10 years? That's it? At least he still got time. Not how long I wanted him too, but at least he won't be free for a long time. Nic's court date was scheduled at another time and the police officers began to take Cedric of the room.

I glanced back at him once more and caught him starring at me. He mouthed the words "I love you" and the police escorted him out the room.

**

I was in the car riding with Zakiya starting out the window, I just testified against someone I loved and got him sent away for a long time. On top of that he's Brooke's dad, and now she'll be growing up without her daddy.

Me and Zakiya went to get food and headed to my house. I needed to talk to my friends together so I invited Allison over.

By the end of the night me, Allison, & Zakiya were in my room balling with tears. We had been talking about relationships and our problems since we stepped into the house.

My mom was watching Brooke downstairs and I guess she heard us crying because she walked into my room with her hands on her hips.

She scanned all three of us with her eyes and began to speak.

"Now I just now you girls aren't in here crying over some niggas are y'all?"

We didn't respond back, we set there starring at her waiting to see what she would say next.

She rolled her eyes and shifted her hand to her other hip.

"Listen, those boys y'all are crying over aren't even worth those tears! Look at what all they put you through! You three are beautiful young ladies with bright futures ahead of you and don't need to be worrying about these niggas out here. You have plenty of time to worry about them ! Right now live your lives, hell don't end up like me! Be someone ! I was practically in the same situations you all are in now, listen to me when I tell you that the love those boys were showing you wasnt real love okay? You have so much more growing up to do before you experience real love! Just be patient babies, don't rush anything okay?"

She gave us a light smile and left out of the room. It was a long silence then I spoke out. "My mama need a damn talk show!" I said laughing.

"Sure do! Girl yo mama can be like Dr. Phil." Allison said laughing. I looked at her and shook my head while laughing.

My mama was right about everything she said. I planned on taking all of her advise and making something out of myself... Better believe it! I'm going to be successful one day and I'm going to work my butt off to make it.

*BOOK 2 IS IN PROGRESS EVERYONE!!!!!!!*

PLEASE DO ME A HUGE FAVOR AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MY BOOK!!!! ALSO VOTE & COMMENT !!!!!!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT TO READ MY FIRST BOOK! I APPRECIATE YOU ALL