19. PERFECTION? almost.

AN: Happy birthday, Mommy Brooks!

You've always encouraged my writing. I remember you once telling me that I am an artist because I write, and through that, I create art. That will stay with me forever! I love you!

---

After their very intense workout, Maymay decided to head in the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Edward, on the other hand, is now in EJ's room and is prepping her for the day. Edward insisted on looking after their daughter because he missed out on two years of it, and is now making up for lost times.

"EJ, Edward! Breakfast is ready." Maymay yells from the stairs as she calls their attention. She walks back to the kitchen and in there are her grandparents with smiles painted on their aged faces.

"Why are you smiling, lo? La?" she asks.

"Nothing, apo. You just seemed happy." her lolo answers back.

"Your family is finally complete." her lola adds.

Maymay smiles sparingly, "Lo..La.. Edward is EJ's father, but not my husband.. I really don't know if you can call that a family." she sighs.

"EJ now has her mother, and her father. Don't deprive her the chance of having a family, May. Fix everything." her lolo tells her sincerely.

Before she can say anything, she heard footsteps coming in the kitchen.

"Lolo! Lola!" EJ's chirpy voice fills their dining room. "Papa! Here!" she adds while she happily wraps her arms around Edward's neck. Edward is carrying her, and a content smile is evident on his face.

"I can see that, Princess." her great-grandfather responds.

Maymay scowls, "I thought I am your princess, lo." she complains.

Her grandfather laughs, "Why, May? I can't have two princesses in the household?" he asks.

But before Maymay could respond, Edward clears his throat and all the attention are suddenly on him. He has his eyes on Maymay and EJ alternately before he started to speak, "Uhm.. Lo, La.." he begins as he addresses the old couple in the table.

"Yes?"

"First, I just want to say thank you for taking care of EJ, while I was.. uhm.. not able to." he begins, "And I am truly grateful and appreciative, but I am just wondering if may I could take my family back in the city? I haven't been with them for such a long time, and I really just want to spend every free time I have with them."

Maymay's heart suddenly stopped beating when she heard the word 'family' coming from Edward's mouth. She started to feel hopeful, but she instantly killed the feeling because she knows that hope can be deceiving. Instead, she put all her focus on Edward's words, and start to weigh them.

"...Not that I mind driving here all the time, because believe me, EJ is worth it—"

"Right, his worthy reason. Ugh! Maymay, stop it! Even for you, EJ is your reason why you are still breathing right now." she mentally scolds herself.

"but I just wanna be with this little ball of sunshine every moment I can." he says as he plants his lips on EJ's forehead. He then moves right beside Maymay and wraps his arms over her shoulder—taking her by surprise.

"Uhm, Edward, you have to ask Maymay. I assume you just fell asleep straightaway earlier, and didn't get a chance to talk yet?" he asks.

"We didn't talk, alright. But we barely slept." Maymay's cheeks reddened as the memory flashed in her mind.