EPILOGUE. Maybe This Time

EPILOGUE

***KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK***

"Come on, open the door!"Marco yells as he knocks.

"Sammie, can you open the door for your annoying boyfriend?" Maymay asks as her hair stylist is busy doing her hair.

S glares at her, "Boyfriend? Please, May.. I don't do boyfriends." she rolls her eyes.

"Your fuck buddy then." she laughs. "And don't you dare deny it." she glares back.

"Not denying anything." Sammie is laughing joyfully as she approaches the door. "What do you want, Marco?" she asks.

He winks at her, "You." he simply answers.

Sammie gasps, "Please.. spare me. Man whore." she retorts.

"I'm only a whore for you. Please, Sammie, I only get naked for you." he answers with a grin.

Sammie rolls her eyes, "Yeah, yeah.. whatever.. Maybe, we'll get naked tonight." she smiles at him. "Why are you here anyway? Aside from pestering me." she adds.

"The groom wants me to give this to his bride." he informs her as he passes her a box.

Sammie tiptoes and presses her lips on his cheeks, "Thanks handsome." she whispers, "and by the way, you can strip me off my dress later." she laughs playfully as she closes the door—leaving a wide-eyed Marco outside.

S walks toward Maymay, "Here, your good-for-nothing groom wants you to have this." She passes the box gently to Maymay's waiting hands.

Maymay looks at her, "He wouldn't be my groom if not for you, remember?" she reminds her.

"Don't remind me."

---

"May, are you okay? No cutting? No alcohol? No anything?" Sammie asks for the nth time.

Maymay opens the door and shows her wrists. She also lifts her shirt in front of S and twirls around in front of her, and then blows her breath in front of her face. "Happy?" she asks. Her voice  is shaky and her eyes are red.

S nods while fanning her face, "You do need to brush your teeth though." she complains.

"Ugh, why? You're the only one I will be talking to for the next few days anyway. EJ is still at mom's." she answers back as she wipes her snot with the back of her hand.

Sammie just rolls her eyes, "Actually, shower as well." she suggests.

"I don't want to." she answers back.

Sammie looks behind her and then looks back at Maymay, "Well, unless you want to face Edward looking and smelling like that, be my guest." she bites her lips, as if she knew that she just did something she wasn't supposed to. "You'll thank me one day, May. You love him, and as much as I hate him, he loves you too." she hugs her tightly. "Now, go shower." she pushes her to her bathroom.

---

"Up to this day, I am thankful that you let him in that night." Maymay looks at her sincerely.