28. Calm

Edward and Maymay continues their 'for real' agreement. She lets her guard down around Edward completely and the fear in her heart is replaced with happiness. The one week without EJ in their home was like a honeymoon period for both of them. He took her in every corner of their home—everywhere and anytime.

It was such a freeing time for both of them, but that doesn't mean they don't love their daughter. In fact, when they were not doing the nasty, they were always on a FaceTime call with their little angel.

Edward also brought Maymay out on dinner dates after work.

"A date? What are we? Teenagers?" Maymay asks.

Edward pouts, "Even my parents still go on dates, May. Please" he begs with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. What are we doing?" she asks.

Edward smiles triumphantly, "Surprise, love. Surprise."

Edward brought her out all the time. It was like courting her all over again, and she can feel all his effort with all his actions. And that is why in no time, Edward was able to break down the walls around her heart.

---

It is now time to pick up EJ from his Mum and Dad. They are truly excited. Their house feels like it's missing a special and important piece with EJ not being around.

"Come and visit Tita Rara again, okay?" Laura asks as she hugs EJ tightly.

"And visit, Ma La and Pa Lo, okay? His mum asks.

Edward rolls his eyes, "You had our daughter for a week. Come on, give her up."

Maymay chuckles, "We promise to lend her again." she smiles. "Thank you for taking care of our child, Tito, Tita, Laura."

"She's our ball of energy, May. Our pleasure.. and can you please call us Mum and Dad again? Like old times?" they ask.

Maymay looks at Edward, as if asking him for help.

"Soon, Mum.. Dad." he smiles at them.

"Maybe, soon." she adds in her head, as hope starts to bud in her heart again, like before. Only this time, she lets the hope stay there. This time, she does not think that hope might give eternal misery. She now believes that hope breeds eternal happiness—with Edward, EJ, and their families.

"By the way, Mum, Dad, Laura.." he looks at all of them as he picks up EJ from Laura's arms. "Are you guys doing anything next weekend?" he asks.

"I don't think so. Your dad is also in the country then, why?" his Mum asks.

"Perfect." he smiles, "We are celebrating EJ's birthday next weekend in Batangas. Our little angel is finally turning three." he looks at EJ whose arms are around his neck. And to his surprise, her eyes are closed. "Love, she's sleeping already." he informs Maymay.

"Let's go then, so she can rest in her bed." she smiles at him as she snakes her arm around Edward's waist. In response, Edward wraps his other arm around her shoulder.

"Next weekend. I'll text you the details." Edward informs his family before turning around.

And because their backs are now facing Cathy, Kevin, and Laura, they did not see the playful knowing smile that are plastered on their lips.

"Soon." Cathy whispers as they wave them goodbye.

"Agreed." Laura smiles.

---