2- swimming in secrets

The next day at school I saw Sidney and Billy arguing in the hallway. After Sidney left, I walked up to Billy.

    "Storm in paradise?" I asked.

    "You could say that." He paused."Someone broke into Sidney's house and tried to hurt her. And she thinks it was me." He sighed.

    "Wow, that's rough." I gave him a hug. "Trust me, if it's meant to be you two will work it out." I said forcing a smile, It hurt me to say that.

    "Thanks, but I'm not even sure if I still love her."

    "Well, it's not worth your time to stay with someone you don't love." I said fidgeting with my fingers behind my back.

    "The thing is I think I fell for someone else."

    "So, who is this lucky lady, or gentleman, I don't judge" I laughed trying to use humor to drown out my jealous tone.

    "If I tell you, that would just take all the fun out of it." He gave a wide smile.

    "Fine, I'll just figure it out myself."

    "Good luck Nancy Drew. Oh and I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out after school today."

    "Sure, but can we meet at my house. I need to do stuff."

    "Yeah, that's fine."

    "Cool, I'll see you later." I waved goodbye as I headed to class. Did he just voluntarily asked me to hang out after school, alone. I smiled to myself walking down the hall.

    All day I couldn't stop thinking about Billy. I wonder who Billy was talking about when he said he fell for someone else? What if  that someone was Stu? I chuckled to myself at the thought. I want to know more about Billy, he's so secretive and has a hard shell to crack. I feel like deep down he's a whole different person. It's strange, I met him the other day but I feel like I've known him forever.

    I heard a knock on the door. "Hold on." I shouted from the kitchen while putting the food in the fridge for my wicked witch of an aunt. Once I was down I ran to the front door smiling wide when I saw Billy. "Welcome to my humble abode." I giggled. He smiled back. "So what's the plan?" I asked.

    "You'll just have to see."

    "Fine be that way." He grabbed my hand and led me to his truck. Blush creeped its way into my face. We drove for awhile until we arrived at a lake.

    "Come on." Billy said parking the car and taking off his shirt.

    "You do realize it's October, right? Plus, you could've told me to bring a bathing suit" I crossed my arms raising an eyebrow.

    "That not a surprise, is it?" He smiled.

    I groaned and took off my shirt and jeans leaving myself in a bra and underwear.  I felt eyes on me "Stop staring!" I hissed as my cheeks turned red. Billy just laughed. He started walking closer.

    "I broke up with Sidney today."

    "You did?" I asked genuinely surprised. I knew he was planning on it but I didn't think he'd do it that fast.

    "Yup." He continued to walk closer until our lips almost brushed together. I glanced down on his smooth lips, wanting to kiss him right there and then. "You are so beautiful" My face could be mistake for a tomato as I tried to hide my face by looking down. Did I hear him correctly? I stared up at him a confused look painted on my face. Why would he think someone like me is 'beautiful'? A evil smile spread across his mouth as he swooped me up tearing me away from my thoughts and running to the edge of the cliff that dropped down to the lake.

    "Wait! Wait! Come on Billy let's think about this!" I pleaded with a nervous smile as he inches closer towards the edge.

    "Nope" He said with a menacing grin.

    "You know what? Do it. I'm not scared." I tried to bluff hoping it would save me from the deathly touch of the cold water.

    "Oh but you should be." he said then letting go. I screamed until I hit the cold water swimming to the surface as I shivered. Hearing a splash nearby then seeing Billy's head pop up.

    "I hate you."

    "I love you too." He said giving me a dumb smile that made my heart flutter.

    We swam all afternoon joking and laughing. When it started to get dark we sat in the back of his truck. I shivered "Damn Billy, do you normally enjoy freezing girls to death on dates?" I question.

    "So this is a date?" He smirked.

    "U-uh...n-no" I stuttered while looking down trying to cover my embarrassed face. I am so stupid. Now he thinks I'm clingy and desperate. I was interrupted from my thoughts as a finger lifted up my chin. Then, soft lips pressed against mine.

    I pulled back eyes wide. "W-what was that for?" I tripped over my words.

    "Wow, you're a pretty terrible detective, Nancy Drew." Billy chuckled. I looked at him confused. "That someone I was talking about before, is you."

    "Oh that's a relief I thought it was Stu." I laughed and Billy gave his stupid grin.

    "(Y/n) will you do me the honors of being my girlfriend?"He bowed, like the day we met.

    "Of course." I gave a curtesy as I giggled. I couldn't believe what he just said. My body was a over flowing sink of joy.

    His expression shifted in to a more serious one. "There's something you should know about me first." He paused, his face shifting into a more serious expression my . "I hurt people, and I can't control it sometimes." His eyes started to water.

    "Hey, hey, it's okay-"

    "No, you don't understand (Y/n). I'm a monster."

     "Billy...I'll be there for you no matter what. You're not a monster, and I'll never see you as one."

    "No, I'm the one who killed Casey and Steve, and tried to kill Sidney. I'm a murderer." Tears were flowing down his cheeks as his head fell to his hands.