Chapter Three

KELLY’S P.O.V

It was Monday which means it was the second to last day before summer. It also means that I have today and tomorrow to spend with Meg before she leaves to England. I’ve heard that England is a pretty cool place so I’m really excited for her.

I did my morning routine apart from it was a little delayed because Harry beat me to the toilet. It was okay having three siblings but I still wish Ashton wasn’t my brother. We used to be so close when we were younger but ever since year 8 he’s been an utter arsehole.

I went to Meg’s like normal but we never had to take her little sister because she broke up on Friday so we stopped at the corner shop. I bought a sandwich and Freddo for lunch. Freddo’s were my ultimate childhood chocolates and I hadn’t had one in ages.

“I’m sorry I’m leaving you for the summer but we always have next summer,” Meg apologised for like the hundredth time.

“Meg its fine seriously, I’ll be fine,” I smiled weakly as we carried on walking.

“Don’t miss me too much will you,” she laughed and I just smiled. The problem was I was going to miss her because apart from Tan and Lou she was my backbone. Yeah Tan and I were the closest but Meg always knew how to cheer me up.

“You’re not going yet,” I said as we got to the gates.

“Guys before I forget my mum said you can come to the airport if you want,” Meg said as we joined into our group before the bell rang.

“Don’t worry we’ll be there,” Lou said and we all agreed. The honest truth was I didn’t want to go because I knew it would be hard to say goodbye.

Before we knew it the bell rang and we separated to go to form. Mine and Tan’s trip to form was quieter than normal. We didn’t even ask what we did at the weekend or how my arsehole of a brother was doing. We both knew why but we didn’t want to admit it.

“I’m going to miss her Kel, summer won’t be the same without her,” Tan finally spoke.

“So am I but we can’t let her know that because she won’t go,” I mumbled as we sat in our seats. I saw Luke look over at me and we exchanged small smiles before the teacher walked in.

“Okay class today is our last assembly so let’s go into the hall…now,” we all piled out of the classroom.

“Hi,” Luke mumbled as we walked out the classroom together. Tan was in front of me and kept looking behind to check if I was still there.

“Hey,” I said awkwardly. I find it weird talking to my brother’s best friends but it’s even more awkward since I was crying on his shoulder the other day.

“You remember my promise, yeah?” I nodded and he smiled.

“Thanks again for the other day Luke,” I said although I made the mistake of looking up at him.

“Luke what are you doing?” Calum asked him looking me up and down. Michael just looked and never said anything which was pretty strange for him.

“I was just seeing if it was okay to go to there’s tonight for band practise before next week,” he lied so he never got me in trouble.

“Oh right, and are we?” Calum said raising an eyebrow.

“She doesn’t know, she said to ask Ashton,” they were talking like I wasn’t there so I started to talk to Tan.

“What was that about?” she asked me as we walked into the assembly hall.