Chapter Twelve

KELLY'S P.O.V

"Let's play a game," I yawned as we sat on the rock. We went to the forest just to relax before we had to go back home.

"What game?" he asked, twirling my hair in his fingers.

"20 questions?" I shrugged.

"Okay I'll go first. What's your favourite colour?" he asked.

"Black and dark purple."

"What's your favourite movie?"

"Sydney White."

"What's your favourite pizza topping?"

"Hawaiian."

"When's your birthday?"

"November 27th"

"You're not gonna make 17," he sighed giving me sympathetic eyes.

"Michael please don't, let's just continue with the game and forget about it," I begged.

"No Kel we have to talk about it sometime and there's no time like the present," he said as he stopped playing with my hair.

"What do you wanna talk about Michael? As soon as I'm gone no one will remember me. I'm dying and I only have a few weeks to live and there is nothing anyone can do," I shouted trying not to let the tears spill.

"When Ashton found you in your bathroom the other week something inside me died. I was scared you were going to die and now you are actually dying. I love you Kelly Irwin and there is nothing you can do about that," he shouted back at me.

"Maybe I should never agreed to go on a date with you Michael," I sighed looking down at the floor.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked. By this time we were both in tears.

"Well if we never started going out or if Ashton hadn't found me then I wouldn't get hurting anyone."

"You need to start telling people," he said taking a step closer.

"Will you do it with me?" I asked as I wiped away the stray tears.

"Of course I will, I love you Kelly," he said pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his body and tucked my head in his chest. He rested his head on my head on held me tight.

"I love you too Michael," I smiled weakly.

"I'll never forget them words," he whispered.

"Please don't forget me Mikey," I soon felt the tears coming but I managed to stop them.

"Never princess," he said in a hushed tone. We stood there like that for a few minutes in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, more like a comfort silence.

"Can we do it now?" I said breaking the silence.

"If you're ready," he said pulling away.

"I'm ready," I nodded and he kissed my lips softly. He held my hand in his as we walked back to mine.

The walk was silent but again more a comfortable silence. I opened the door and took a deep breathe before waking in. Michael squeezed my hand as we walked into the living room.

Mum, Lauren and Harry were sitting on the three seater. Ash and Luke were sitting on the two seater whilst Calum sat in the bean bag mum keeps meaning to throw out.

"What took you guys so long?" mum asked smiling.

"We went into the forest for a bit," Michael said leading me more into the living room.

"Are you okay Kel?" Ash asked getting up and coming towards us. I shook my head and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I let the tears spill not having any energy to stop them.

"I-I have c-cancer," I choked and felt Michael's hand on my back.

"Its terminal isn't it?" Mum asked, tears strolling down her cheeks.

"I only have a few weeks to live," I cried pulling away from Ash and into mums arms.

"How long have you known?" Ash asked me.

"I few months but I didn't want to tell anyone. I couldn't tell anyone it was too hard," I sighed wiping away the tears.

"And how long has Michael knew?" he asked me.

"He found out last night when I was in the bathroom," I smiled weakly pulling away from my mother's embrace.

"We'll be here if you need us," Luke spoke up indicated him and Calum.

"Thank you but all I need is everybody not to bring it up," I sighed.

"Would you like me to tell the family?" mum asked.

"Not yet I'm not ready for anyone else knowing," I shook my head.

"What about Tan, Lou and Meg?" Calum asked hugging me from behind.

"I'll tell them soon just not yet," I shrugged.

"Group hug," Michael shouted and we all ended up in a massive hug.

----

Authors note:

I've started a new fan fiction called When We Collide and it would be awesome if you could check it out. It won't be as sad as this one more a happy one and will be longer. Thanks for 500 reads as well it means a lot. Also I love you guys and I hope you're enjoying this fan fiction don't forget to vote, comment and share.